A modern twist on the classic Coronation Chicken, Mary Cadogan’s Jubilee Chicken offers a lighter but equally delicious dish. This recipe delivers a creamy preparation that will treat your taste buds to an explosion of flavor. Perfect for any special occasion, the Anniversary Chicken is a crowd favorite that never fails to impress. With a touch of sophistication and a hint of nostalgia, this dish pays homage to its predecessors while adding its own modern twist. Prepare for a creamy and satisfying extravaganza.
- 600g cold cooked chicken (if you are specially roasting a chicken, you will need one weighing around 1.8kg or 5-6 boneless breasts, depending on size)
- 350-450g cherries
- mixed bag of rocket, spinach and watercress (or 2 x 85g packs of watercress)
- Bunch of spring onions
- 1 tbsp korma curry paste
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 200g container of natural, low-fat cream cheese
- good bunch of mint
- Tear the chicken into bite-sized pieces (at this point you can wrap the chicken in a foil packet and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days).
- Pit the cherries. To do this, cut the cherries in half with the tip of a small sharp knife and remove the pits (or use a cherry pitter if you have one).
- Heat the curry paste in a small skillet for 1 minute or until the flavors begin to develop.
- Allow to cool, then add the curry paste, honey, lemon juice and cream cheese to a food processor or blender along with a good pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the stems from the mint leaves and place in the blender.
- Blend until the dressing is somewhat smooth, but with flecks of mint and not like a puree.
- Store the dressing in the refrigerator in a jug or bowl, covered with plastic wrap or a lid.
- They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Spread the lettuce leaves or watercress on a platter, scatter the chicken pieces on top and then spread the cherries on top.
- Trim the roots and about 3cm from the top of the scallions, then cut them into long, diagonal slices and distribute them over the chicken.
- Cover the plate with cling film and chill for up to 2 hours.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing in thin lines over the chicken, cherries and leaves.
- Serve with new potatoes.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- Serving plate
- cutting board
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
Please note that this recipe contains the following allergens:
- Curry paste (may contain allergens such as mustard, nuts or dairy products)
- Cream cheese (may contain dairy products)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Before you eat the leftovers, make sure to warm up the dish thoroughly again. It is not recommended to freeze this recipe.
Health Benefits of Mary Cadogan’s Jubilee Chicken
Health Benefits of Mary Cadogan’s Jubilee Chicken
The Jubilee Chicken recipe created by Mary Cadogan is not only delicious but also offers numerous health benefits. This dish contains a variety of ingredients that contribute to our overall well-being.
Chicken is a great source of high quality protein. It provides essential amino acids that support muscle growth and repair. Eating chicken also promotes satiety, making it a favorable option for weight management. In addition, it contains important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6 and phosphorus, which support brain function and bone health.
Cherries offer a number of health benefits due to their high antioxidant content. These compounds help protect the body from free radical damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers. Cherries are also known for their anti-inflammatory properties, which can ease the symptoms of arthritis and gout.
3. Mixed greens (arugula, spinach, watercress)
The mix of arugula, spinach, and watercress in this recipe provides a rich array of vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. Low in calories and high in fiber, this vegetable promotes a healthy digestive system and helps with weight control. They are also packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds, which are essential for maintaining optimal health.
4. Spring onion
Scallions, also called scallions, are a nutrient-dense addition to Mary Cadogan’s Jubilee Chicken recipe. They are an excellent source of vitamin K, which is important for blood clotting and bone health. Scallions also contain vitamin C, folic acid and other antioxidants that support immune function and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
5. Korma curry paste
Korma curry paste gives the dish a special flavor. Although it is typically used in small amounts, it can still provide some health benefits. The paste often contains spices such as turmeric, coriander and cumin, which have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These spices may help reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases, including heart disease and cancer.
6. Clear honey
Including clear honey in this recipe not only improves the flavor but also provides natural sweetness without the need for refined sugar. Honey is known for its antimicrobial properties and can relieve coughs and sore throats. It also contains antioxidants that can protect against cell damage and promote skin health.
7. Lemon juice
Lemon juice adds a refreshing touch to Mary Cadogan’s Jubilee Chicken. Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C, which supports the immune system and promotes collagen production for healthy skin. The acid in lemon juice can also improve digestion and promote detoxification.
8. Natural, low-fat cream cheese
Using low-fat natural cream cheese in this recipe provides a creamy texture without excess fat. Cream cheese is a good source of calcium, which is essential for strong bones and teeth. It also contains proteins and probiotics that promote gut health and contribute to a balanced diet.
The addition of mint in Mary Cadogan’s Jubilee Chicken not only improves the taste but also provides several health benefits. Mint leaves contain menthol, which can help relieve indigestion and promote digestion. Mint is also a good source of antioxidants and can provide a refreshing boost to your overall well-being.
Overall, Mary Cadogan’s Jubilee Chicken is a delicious recipe that combines different ingredients, each contributing to a healthier body. By incorporating this dish into your diet, you can enjoy both the culinary experience and the numerous health benefits it offers.