Introducing a delicious culinary delight – Marinated Lamb Steaks with Roasted Pepper Tomatoes and Butter Bean Smash! Silvana Franco’s expert touch combines juicy lamb steaks and a modern twist on the classic mashed potatoes. Prepared with love and expertise, this recipe promises to leave everyone wanting more. Enjoy the juiciness of perfectly cooked lamb, enhanced by aromatic roasted tomatoes, and treat yourself to the creamy, buttery deliciousness of the irresistible butter bean smash. Silvana Franco really took this dish to the next level, ensuring a satisfying and memorable dining experience for everyone.
- 6 x 140g boneless lamb leg steaks
- 8 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 250g baskets of cherry tomatoes, preferably on the stem
- 1 shallot, sliced very thinly
- 2 tsp paprika
- rocket, for serving
- 1 large, plump, mild chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
- 3 x 410g cans of butter beans
- 20g packet of flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Place the lamb steaks on a baking tray and spread over the thyme sprigs.
- Scatter the garlic and a little salt and pepper over the top and then drizzle with the sherry and about a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the tomatoes (still on the stem) on another baking sheet, scatter them over the shallot slices, and drizzle with a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
- Season with paprika and some salt and pepper.
- For the butter bean smash, add the chilies and anchovies to your food processor and blend to form a paste.
- Drain and rinse the butter beans and put them in a pot.
- Roughly chop the parsley.
- (You can prepare for this phase up to 3 hours in advance.)
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200°C fan/220°C fan/gas 7.
- Place both trays in the oven (the lamb over the tomatoes if you don’t have a fan oven) for 15-20 minutes, depending on how well you like your lamb.
- Remove the trays from the oven and leave them on the side for 5-10 minutes to allow the lamb to rest before serving.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water over the butter beans to just cover them and quickly bring them back to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes until the beans are fully heated.
- Drain the hot beans and reserve the liquid.
- Add the beans to the paste in the food processor and chop roughly.
- Now stir in the parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, a little salt and plenty of black pepper as well as 4 tablespoons of the reserved liquid.
- Whisk again until you get a coarse but soft and creamy paste. If the porridge is not soft enough, add another 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- To serve, place a lamb steak with a spoonful of butterbean mash on each plate.
- Pour the tomato juice around the meat and sprinkle a few rocket leaves on top.
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Grill pan or grill
- measuring spoon
This recipe may contain the following allergens:
Please note whether you have any allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the lamb steaks and roasted tomatoes in a preheated 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through. The butter bean smash can be reheated on the stove over medium heat. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Marinated Lamb Steaks with Roasted Pepper Tomatoes and Butter Bean Smash
Lamb is a delicious and nutritious meat that offers several health benefits. Combined with healthy ingredients such as roasted pepper tomatoes and crushed butter beans, it creates a tasty and health-promoting meal. Let’s explore some of the health benefits associated with the ingredients used in this recipe.
Lamb is a great source of high-quality protein, which is essential for the growth, repair and maintenance of body tissues. It contains all the essential amino acids that the body needs. The lean boneless lamb shank steaks used in this recipe provide the protein you need without excess fat.
The cherry tomatoes used in this recipe, preferably on the vine, are full of essential nutrients. They are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, which help support a healthy immune system. Tomatoes also contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
Paprika, a vibrant spice made from dried peppers, not only adds a rich flavor to the dish but also offers various health benefits. It contains capsaicin, a compound known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Capsaicin may help relieve pain and reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
Butter beans, also called lima beans, are a good source of fiber, protein and essential minerals. They provide a feeling of satiety, making this dish filling and helping to control appetite. Fiber is essential for healthy digestion and can reduce the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
Herbs, garlic and olive oil
The recipe includes fresh thyme sprigs, garlic cloves, and olive oil, which not only enhances the flavor but also provides health benefits. Fresh herbs like thyme are rich in antioxidants and may have anti-inflammatory properties. Garlic contains sulfur compounds known for their potential immune-boosting effects. Olive oil is a heart-healthy fat and contains monounsaturated fats that may help lower bad cholesterol.
Chili and anchovies
The addition of chili and anchovies gives the dish a special flavor. Chilies contain capsaicin, which can boost metabolism and help with weight management. Anchovies are a source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have positive effects on heart health and brain function.
parsley and lemon juice
Finishing off the dish with parsley and lemon juice not only adds freshness but also provides additional health benefits. Parsley is rich in vitamins A, C, and K, as well as antioxidants that may help protect against certain diseases. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, which promotes a healthy immune system and aids iron absorption.
Overall, this recipe for Marinated Lamb Steaks with Roasted Pepper Tomatoes and Crushed Butter Beans offers a delicious combination of flavors while providing numerous health benefits. From proteins and antioxidants to vitamins and minerals, each ingredient contributes to a balanced and nutritious meal. Enjoy this culinary delight knowing that you are nourishing your body with good things!