If you need a simple but impressive cake for a celebration or charity cake sale, try this Chocolate Vanilla Sponge Cake. The marbling effect of the two flavors creates a visually stunning dessert that is sure to impress your guests. This moist and tender bundt cake offers the perfect balance of rich chocolate and fragrant vanilla, making it an irresistible treat for all chocolate and cake lovers. Decorate with a sprinkle of powdered sugar or a drizzle of chocolate ganache to enhance the presentation. Whether served with a cup of coffee or as the centerpiece of a dessert table, this marble bundt cake will delight anyone who takes a bite.
- 180g butter, very soft, plus some butter for the tin
- 6 eggs, separated
- 300g granulated sugar
- 250 ml milk or cream
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 450g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Butter and line a 2.5L Bundt pan.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until the color is lighter.
- Stir in the soft butter and then the milk or cream.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add the vanilla sugar and beat until stiff.
- Beat the flour and baking powder into the egg yolk mixture.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour half of the dough into the mold.
- Fold the cocoa powder into the remaining dough.
- Pour over the vanilla layer.
- Use the handle of a spoon to stir the batters together.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until cake is risen and lightly browned.
- Insert a skewer into the center to check if it comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- Allow to cool briefly in the tin.
- Remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve.
Equipment and tools
- Bundt cake tin
- mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cooling rack
This marble bundt cake recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter, milk/cream, powdered sugar)
- Gluten (normal flour)
Please ensure that people with allergies to these ingredients are aware and avoid consuming this cake.
Storage and leftovers
Once the marble bundt cake has cooled completely, you can store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can store it in the fridge for up to a week.
If you have leftovers, you can freeze them in airtight containers or wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow the cake to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Enjoy the delicious marble bundt cake within the recommended storage times for the best taste and consistency.
The health benefits of marble bundt cake
When it comes to treating yourself to a delicious dessert, marble bundt cake is a popular choice for many. Not only does it satisfy our sweet cravings, but it also offers some surprising health benefits. Made with a combination of butter, eggs, sugar and flour, this delicious treat adds a unique twist to traditional pound cake recipes.
1. Good source of protein and essential nutrients
Eggs are a key ingredient in Marble Bundt Cake and provide a significant amount of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue in our body. In addition, eggs are rich in vital nutrients such as vitamins D, B6 and B12, as well as minerals such as iron, zinc and copper.
2. Increases energy levels
Butter, another key ingredient, is a concentrated source of energy. It contains essential fatty acids and quickly supplies our body with energy. When consumed in moderation, butter can help boost energy levels and improve overall stamina.
3. Can improve mood
Cocoa powder used for the marble effect contains natural mood-enhancing compounds. It stimulates the production of endorphins, which are known to increase feelings of pleasure and happiness. So if you’re feeling a little down, a piece of marble bundt cake might be just the pick-me-up you need.
4. Rich in fiber
Marble Bundt cake also contains a good amount of fiber. Fiber supports digestion and helps regulate blood sugar levels. It can also contribute to a feeling of fullness, making it easier to control portion sizes and prevent overeating.
5. Provides Calcium and Vitamin D
Milk or cream, a common ingredient in marble bundt cake, is an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D. These nutrients are crucial for strong bones and teeth as well as optimal nerve and muscle function.
6. Rich in antioxidants
Cocoa powder is known for its high levels of antioxidants, especially flavonoids. These powerful compounds help protect our bodies from damage caused by harmful free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers.
Although marble bundt cake should still be enjoyed in moderation due to its sugar and calorie content, these health benefits make it a guilt-free treat. So next time you’re in the mood for a delicious and visually appealing dessert, treat yourself to a piece of marble bundt cake!