This delicious lemon cheesecake is a real treat, topped with a creamy citrus cream cheese topping that will make your taste buds dance. The ultimate late summer dessert, this cheesecake is beautifully flavored with plump baked plums and juicy blackberries.
- 200g shortbread cookies
- 25g butter, melted
- 600g full-fat cream cheese
- 75g golden powdered sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Zest 1 large lemon
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml sour cream
- 8 plums, halved, pitted and cut into wedges
- 300g blackberries
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 2.
- Line the bottom of a round springform pan (22 cm) with baking paper.
- Place the cookies in a food processor and pulse them into fine crumbs.
- Place the crumbs in a bowl, add the melted butter and mix well.
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the cake pan.
- Place the can in the refrigerator to cool.
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar with an electric hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time along with the lemon zest and vanilla extract. Mix well, but be careful not to over-whisk.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the cooled cookie base in the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in the center of the oven for 50 minutes, until set.
- Set the cheesecake aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan and let it cool completely.
- Set the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- In a large roasting tin, combine the plums, blackberries and sugar.
- Bake the fruit mixture in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the fruit has wilted and the sauce is syrupy.
- Remove the roasting pan from the oven and let it cool down.
- When the cheesecake is completely cool, spoon the sour cream over the top and spread it into a thin layer.
- Serve the cheesecake in wedges, garnish with some baked plums and blackberries and serve the rest as a side dish.
Equipment and tools
- Springform pan for cakes
- baking paper
- Food processor or ziplock bag with rolling pin
- mixing bowls
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- baking pan
This recipe for lemon cheesecake with baked plums and blackberries contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products – cream cheese, butter, sour cream
- Gluten – Shortbread Cookies
Please be sure to check the labels of the ingredients used to ensure they are appropriate for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftovers after enjoying your lemon cheesecake with baked plums and blackberries, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. For optimal freshness, the cheesecake should be consumed within 3-4 days.
Note: The consistency may become a little softer after storage, but it’s still delicious!
Health Benefits of Lemon Cheesecake with Baked Plums and Blackberries
Enjoying a delicious dessert like lemon cheesecake with baked plums and blackberries can not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but also offers some surprising health benefits. This delicious treat combines the tangy flavors of lemon, the creamy goodness of cheesecake, and the vibrant sweetness of blackberries and plums.
1. Vitamin C boost
The main ingredient of this dessert is undoubtedly the large lemon peel. Lemons are packed with vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that can boost your immune system, support collagen production, and promote healthy skin. Eating foods rich in vitamin C, such as lemon peel, can also help fight colds and other illnesses.
2. Calcium and protein from cream cheese
The creamy component of this cheesecake comes from full-fat cream cheese. Although cream cheese has more calories, it is also a good source of calcium and protein. Calcium is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth, while protein is crucial for muscle building and repair.
3. Antioxidant-rich berries
Blackberries, one of the main ingredients of this dessert, are rich in antioxidants. These powerful compounds help protect your body from free radical oxidative stress, which can lead to chronic disease. Regular consumption of blackberries can contribute to overall health and well-being.
4. Fiber and natural sweetness from plums
Not only do plums add a nice pop of color to the dessert, but they also come with their own health benefits. Prunes are a great source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight. Additionally, their natural sweetness reduces the need for excessive added sugar.
5. Reduced sugar content
Although the recipe contains a small amount of light muscovado sugar, it is significantly less compared to traditional cheesecake recipes. By using a lighter sweetener, this Lemon Cheesecake with Baked Plums and Blackberries allows you to enjoy a delicious dessert with reduced sugar content, making it a healthier option for those watching their sugar consumption.
So next time you’re craving a delicious dessert, consider this Lemon Cheesecake with Baked Plums and Blackberries. Enjoy the delicious flavors while reaping the health benefits these ingredients have to offer.