Tired of the same old chicken flavors? Try our delicious Lemon and Five Spice Chicken recipe to give your taste buds a tingling and tantalizing experience. Whether you prefer grilling or BBQ, this recipe is perfect for taking your chicken dishes to a whole new level. The combination of tangy lemon and aromatic five-spice creates a sensational marinade that infuses your chicken with incredible flavors. Prepare to impress your family and friends with this delicious dish that will leave you wanting more. Get ready to take your chicken game to the next level!
- 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons light muscovado sugar
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated (no peeling necessary)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Splash dry sherry or dry white wine
- 8 chicken legs
- Squeeze one lemon and cut the other into slices.
- Place in a large food bag along with the remaining ingredients and shake well to coat. Let sit for 10 minutes (or up to 24 hours if made in advance).
- Heat the grill to high or fire up the grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, shake off any excess, then cook under the broiler or on a barbecue grill for 20 minutes, spooning the marinade over the top every few minutes.
- Turn occasionally until everything is cooked through and dark golden brown.
- Goes perfectly with new potatoes and green salad.
Equipment and tools
To make lemon and five spice chicken you will need the following equipment and tools:
- baking pan
- grater or zester
- Garlic press
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
Please note the following allergen information for Lemon and Five Spice Chicken:
- This recipe contains soy sauce, which may contain gluten.
- If you have a gluten intolerance or allergy, be sure to use a gluten-free soy sauce.
- If you have any other specific allergies or dietary restrictions, please check the individual ingredient labels.
Storage and leftovers
To store and process leftover lemon and five spice chicken, please follow these guidelines:
- Allow the chicken to cool completely before storing.
- Place leftovers in an airtight container or wrap tightly in foil.
- Place the container in the refrigerator.
- To ensure freshness, leftovers should be consumed within 2-3 days.
- When reheating, make sure to heat the chicken thoroughly until it is piping hot.
- Do not freeze the leftovers, otherwise the consistency could be affected.
The Health Benefits of Lemon and Five Spice Chicken
When it comes to delicious and nutritious meals, Lemon & Five-Spice Chicken is a winner. Packed with an array of healthy ingredients, this dish will not only tantalize your taste buds but also provide multiple health benefits.
One of the main ingredients in this recipe is lemon. Lemon is known for its high vitamin C content, which plays an important role in supporting a healthy immune system. It also acts as a powerful antioxidant, protecting your body from free radical damage and reducing inflammation. In addition, lemon provides a refreshing burst of flavor and contributes to better digestion and detoxification due to its natural cleansing properties.
Another important ingredient in this dish is ginger. Aside from its aromatic and zesty taste, ginger has numerous health benefits. It is a well-known remedy for digestive problems such as nausea and indigestion. Ginger also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve sore muscles and joint pain. In addition, thanks to its antioxidant compounds, it has been linked to reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain types of cancer.
Using soy sauce not only provides a savory, umami flavor, but also brings potential health benefits. Soy sauce is a fermented condiment made from soybeans and contains essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It is associated with promoting heart health by lowering cholesterol levels and inhibiting the formation of blood clots. In addition, soy sauce may have anti-cancer properties and help improve bone density due to its high concentration of soy isoflavones.
Chinese five spice powder
The blend of Chinese five-spice powder in this recipe gives the dish a unique and rich flavor profile. This spice blend typically consists of star anise, cloves, Chinese cinnamon, Sichuan peppercorns and fennel seeds. Each of these spices brings its own potential health benefits, ranging from anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties to aiding digestion and promoting overall well-being.
Finally, let’s not forget the star of the show: chicken. The chicken thighs used in this recipe are a great source of lean protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting muscle growth, and maintaining a healthy weight. It also helps you feel full and satisfied. In addition, chicken legs provide essential vitamins and minerals such as iron, zinc and B vitamins, contributing to proper immune function, energy production and cognitive health.
As you can see, Lemon & Five-Spice Chicken not only offers a delicious dining experience, but also offers a number of health benefits. From immune-boosting vitamin C to digestive-boosting ginger, this dish is a healthy addition to your diet. Give it a try and enjoy a nutritious meal that will pamper your taste buds and support your well-being.