Treat yourself to the exquisite flavor combination of our leek, ricotta and Gruyère tart. The rich and creamy ricotta gives this savory quiche a delicious, cheesecake-like texture. With every bite, you’ll enjoy the harmonious blend of leeks and Gruyère cheese that brings this tart to a new level of deliciousness. Don’t forget to pack the leftovers for a delicious and filling lunch so that every meal is a delight for your taste buds. Try this recipe today and experience the perfect balance of flavors in every bite.
- 500g pack of whole butter shortcrust pastry
- piece of butter
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 250g ricotta
- 100 ml cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 100g Gruyère or vegetarian alternative, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Roll out the dough and line a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin.
- Prick the base with a fork and line it with baking paper and baking beans.
- Place the tart pan on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove beans and parchment and return to oven for another 5 minutes, until light golden.
- Reduce oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet and gently cook the leeks for 10 minutes, until softened.
- Mix the ricotta, cream, eggs, tarragon, a little salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Stir in the leeks and all but a handful of cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the tart base and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the tart from the tin and let it cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
Equipment and tools
To make this leek, ricotta and Gruyère tart, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- rolling pin
- 9-inch tart pan
- Pastry brush
- frying pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
This Leek, Ricotta and Gruyère Tarts recipe contains the following allergens:
- Ricotta (milk)
- cream (milk)
- Gruyère (dairy) or vegetarian alternative
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers of the leek, ricotta and Gruyère cake, you can save them to enjoy later. Here are some storage guidelines:
- Cool tart completely before storing.
- Place any remaining slices in an airtight container.
- Store the tart in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Heat individual slices in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Leek, Ricotta and Gruyère Tart
The leek, ricotta and Gruyère tart not only tastes delicious, but also offers a number of health benefits thanks to its nutrient-rich ingredients. Let’s explore the goodness that each component brings:
Whole butter shortcrust pastry
This tart starts with a base of all-butter shortcrust pastry, which provides a rich and buttery flavor. Although it’s not the healthiest ingredient, it adds a delicious texture to the dish overall. Remember to consume it in moderation due to its high calorie content.
Leeks, the star of this pie, are part of the onion family and offer a number of health benefits. This long, cylindrical vegetable is low in calories and packed with important nutrients. They contain fiber, which promotes digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight. Leeks also provide a good amount of vitamins A, C and K, as well as minerals such as iron and manganese.
Ricotta cheese gives this cake a creamy and delicious touch. Despite its creamy consistency, ricotta has lower fat and calories compared to other cheeses. It is an excellent source of protein, calcium and phosphorus and contributes to strong bones and teeth. Additionally, ricotta contains several B vitamins, which are important for energy production and maintaining proper brain function.
Double cream and eggs
The combination of double cream and eggs creates a silky and delicious filling. Although these ingredients make the cake more substantial, they also provide important nutrients. Eggs are a fantastic source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals. They contain choline, which supports brain development and memory. Although double cream is high in fat, it provides important vitamins such as A, D and E.
Tarragon, an herb known for its delicate flavor, adds a touch of freshness to this tart. It contains antioxidants and several beneficial compounds that contribute to overall health. Tarragon is said to have anti-inflammatory properties and improve digestion.
Gruyère cheese or its vegetarian alternative gives the cake a distinctly nutty and savory flavor. Although Gruyère cheese is high in fat and calories, it also provides important nutrients like calcium and phosphorus, which are important for bone health.
Now that you know about the health benefits of the Leek, Ricotta and Gruyère Tart ingredients, you can enjoy this delicious dish knowing that it provides some valuable nutrients to support your well-being.