This sauce-free pasta dinner is perfect for lazy summer evenings and couldn’t be easier. With just a handful of ingredients and minimal cooking time, you can whip up a delicious meal in no time. The combination of tender noodles, juicy cherry tomatoes and a hint of garlic creates a refreshing and satisfying explosion of flavor. Whether you’re entertaining guests or enjoying a quiet evening at home, this relaxed summer pasta is sure to impress. Pair it with a crisp salad or a glass of your favorite wine for a truly delicious dining experience.
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 zucchini, cut into pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g punnet-shaped cherry tomatoes
- 140 g fusilli or other short pasta
- a handful of basil leaves
- freshly grated Parmesan for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan/220°C top/gas.
- Place onions, zucchini and garlic in a large ovenproof dish.
- Pour the olive oil over it, season well and stir everything briefly.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Stir the tomatoes into the vegetables and roast for another 15 minutes.
- At the same time, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions. approx. 9-12 minutes.
- Drain the noodles.
- Take the vegetables out of the oven and remove the garlic cloves from the peel.
- Crush the garlic on the side of the bowl and stir it into the vegetables.
- Add the pasta and mix everything together, gradually stirring in some basil.
- Pour into two bowls and serve with grated Parmesan.
Equipment and tools
- Medium sized pot
- cutting board
This recipe contains dairy products (Parmesan). If you have a milk allergy, you can omit the Parmesan or replace it with a dairy-free alternative.
Storage and leftovers
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Lazy Summer Pasta
The Lazy Summer Pasta is not only a delicious and easy-to-prepare dish for relaxed summer days, but also has numerous health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients and their respective benefits:
The medium red onions used in this recipe add more than just flavor. Red onions are packed with antioxidants like quercetin, which can help reduce inflammation and lower the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and certain cancers.
The zucchini pieces in this dish add a refreshing crunch and various health benefits. Rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber, zucchini promotes healthy digestion, weight control and reduces the risk of constipation and other digestive problems.
The unpeeled garlic cloves not only provide a wonderful aroma, but also offer potential health benefits. Garlic contains compounds that may help lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels, and strengthen the immune system.
Using olive oil in this recipe brings numerous health benefits. Olive oil is a good source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, which can help reduce the risk of heart disease and lower bad cholesterol levels. It is also rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which have positive effects on overall health and well-being.
Adding a punnet of cherry tomatoes not only enhances the flavor of the dish but also provides important nutrients. Cherry tomatoes are rich in vitamins A, C and K, as well as various antioxidants that support a strong immune system and can reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
Fusilli or other short pasta
Choosing between fusilli or other short pasta gives this dish a pleasant texture. Pasta, when consumed in moderation, can be part of a healthy diet. It is a good source of carbohydrates that provide energy, and when whole grain pasta is used, it can also provide fiber, thus aiding digestion.
A handful of basil leaves not only adds flavor and freshness, but also offers potential health benefits. Basil has antibacterial properties and is rich in vitamins A, K and C as well as minerals such as potassium and magnesium. It can also have an anti-inflammatory effect on the body.
Freshly grated Parmesan
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese completes this dish perfectly. Although Parmesan is high in saturated fats and should be consumed in moderation, it is a good source of calcium and protein and contributes to strong bones and muscles.
Overall, the Lazy Summer Pasta not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers a number of health benefits. From antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to vitamins, minerals and fiber, this dish is a delicious and nutritious addition to your summer menu.