Lax pudding is a delicious dish that combines the irresistible flavors of potato gratin, fresh dill and gravadlax. This incredibly easy recipe is perfect for enjoying a delicious post-Christmas meal. The potatoes are beautifully layered and baked to perfection, making for a comforting and satisfying dish. If you want, you can even substitute smoked salmon for Gravadlax for a delicious twist. Whether you want to impress your loved ones or just treat yourself to a delicious treat, this lax pudding recipe is a must-try!
- 425 ml double cream
- 150 ml sour cream
- 100 ml whole milk
- 1.2 kg potatoes (I like Maris Piper), peeled and finely chopped
- Butter for greasing
- 400g Gravadlax
- 15 g bunch of dill, chopped (leaves only)
- To serve green salad with spicy dressing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Mix the cream and milk in a large pot and bring to just a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook gently for 5 minutes, turning the potatoes gently from time to time.
- Season well and place a third of the potatoes in a greased deep bowl.
- Top with half of the gravadlax and dill, then add another third of the potatoes, then the rest of the gravadlax and dill.
- Finish with a final layer of potatoes.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until vegetables are completely tender. You may need to cover the top with foil after an hour to keep it from getting too dark.
- Serve with a green salad and a tangy dressing (the lax pudding benefits from something clean to contrast with the richness of this dish).
Equipment and tools
To make this lax pudding recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- baking pan
This lax pudding recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (double cream, sour cream, milk)
- Fish (Gravadlax)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to make this lax pudding in advance, here are some storage tips:
- Cover remaining lax pudding with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container.
- Store the lax pudding in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place desired portion in oven at 350°F (180°C) for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Lax Pudding
Lax pudding is a delicious and nutritious dish that combines layers of thinly sliced potatoes, gravadlax, cream and dill. Not only is it a filling and flavorful option, but it also offers several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at why adding lax pudding to your diet can be a good choice.
1. Excellent source of protein
The main ingredient in lax pudding, Gravadlax, is made from high-quality salmon. Salmon is an excellent source of protein, a macronutrient that plays an important role in the growth, repair and maintenance of tissues in your body. Eating protein-rich foods like lax pudding can support muscle building and overall health.
2. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
Gravadlax is not only a good source of protein, but also rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These essential fats are beneficial for heart health because they can help lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and promote healthy cholesterol levels. Including lax pudding in your diet can contribute to a balanced intake of omega-3 fatty acids.
3. Nutrient-rich potatoes
Lax pudding contains layers of thinly sliced potatoes that provide important nutrients. Potatoes are a great source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium and fiber. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that supports immune function, while potassium plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy blood pressure. In addition, the fiber in potatoes supports digestion and promotes a feeling of satiety.
4. Source of calcium
This delicious dish contains double cream, sour cream and whole milk, which contribute to its creamy texture and taste. These dairy products are excellent sources of calcium, a mineral necessary for healthy bones and teeth. In addition, calcium is involved in muscle function, nerve transmission and blood clotting.
5. Antioxidant boost from dill
Incorporating fresh dill into lax pudding provides more than just a flavor explosion. Dill is rich in antioxidants, compounds that protect your cells from damage by neutralizing harmful free radicals. Antioxidants play a critical role in reducing the risk of chronic disease and supporting overall wellness.
In conclusion, lax pudding is not only a delicious dish but also a nutritious addition to your diet. From protein-rich gravadlax to nutrient-dense potatoes and calcium-rich dairy, this recipe offers numerous health benefits. Consider incorporating lax pudding into your diet for a flavorful and healthy dining experience.
Note: Serve salmon pudding with a side of green salad and a tangy vinaigrette for added freshness and nutritional value.