We present to you our tempting recipe for lamb lollipops with crushed mint beans. These juicy grilled chops are not only delicious, but also a unique and fun dish to enjoy. Just like legs, these lamb lollipops are perfect for a sharing platter, bringing everyone together to enjoy every bite. The combination of tender lamb and deeply crushed, minty broad beans makes for a refreshing and flavorful experience. Be amazed by this bright and fresh culinary creation that is sure to impress your guests. So gather your loved ones and enjoy this delicious recipe.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Squeeze ½ lemon, save the other half for the puree
- 1 small red chili pepper, finely chopped
- small drizzle of olive oil
- 12 lamb chops, well trimmed and the meat slightly flattened
- Bread, for serving
- 300 g peeled and peeled broad beans (approx. 1.2 kg without shell)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of the other ½ lemon
- small packet of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Mix garlic, lemon, chili and olive oil.
- Place the lamb chops in a bowl and pour the marinade over them.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour if you have time.
- Place the broad beans in a food processor with half the olive oil, plenty of salt and pepper, and the lemon juice.
- Process into a coarse-grained puree.
- Place the puree in a saucepan but leave it off the heat.
- Heat a grill pan.
- For thinner chops, fry the lamb for 2-3 minutes on each side, for thicker chops 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Gently heat the puree while the chops cook.
- Stir the mint and the remaining olive oil into the puree.
- Check for seasoning.
- Serve the lamb in a pile.
- Set a bowl of mashed broad beans aside.
- Serve with plenty of bread to mop up the juices.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A garlic press
- citrus press
- Sharp knife
- frying pan
- Grill or grill
- Wooden skewers (if using grill)
- Blender or food processor
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Wheat (included in bread)
Please check the ingredients and ensure they are suitable for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The lamb lollipops can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The mashed, minty broad beans can also be stored in the refrigerator, but are best consumed within 2 days.
When you’re ready to eat the leftovers, you can reheat the lamb lollipops in the oven or microwave until warmed through. The mashed, minty broad beans can be enjoyed cold or warmed gently on the stove.
Health Benefits of Lamb Lollipops with Crushed Mint Beans
Lamb lollipops with crushed minty broad beans are not only a delicious dish but also full of health benefits. This recipe combines the tender and flavorful lamb chops with fiber-rich broad beans and refreshing mint leaves. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of these ingredients:
Lamb is a rich source of high-quality protein, essential for muscle growth and repair. It also provides various vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, vitamin B12 and niacin. These nutrients play a critical role in maintaining a healthy immune system, supporting brain function, and promoting overall well-being.
Shelled and peeled broad beans not only add a vibrant color to the dish but also contribute several health benefits. These beans are an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy gut. Fiber also promotes satiety and can help with weight control. Additionally, broad beans are rich in folate, a B vitamin that is important for cell division and DNA production.
Mint leaves add a refreshing and invigorating taste to the dish, but also provide several health benefits. Mint is known for its calming properties and can aid digestion by encouraging the flow of bile from the liver. It can also help relieve digestive symptoms such as gas and bloating. Mint leaves are rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from free radicals that can damage cells and contribute to chronic diseases.
Together, these ingredients create a dish that not only satisfies the taste buds but also nourishes the body. The combination of proteins from lamb chops, fiber from broad beans and the refreshing properties of mint leaves make this recipe a healthy and nutritious choice.