Treat yourself to the culinary pleasure of our lamb feta burgers with mint yogurt. These juicy and aromatic lamb bites are seasoned to perfection. They are the ultimate addition to any party and are guaranteed to impress your guests with their exquisite taste. Accompanied by a refreshing mint yogurt dip, these burgers offer a perfect balance of flavors and are an irresistible treat. Prepare these easy-to-prepare burgers and turn your gathering into an unforgettable dining experience.
- 500g minced lamb
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
- good drizzle of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with a fork
- 100g feta cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200 ml natural yogurt
- small bunch of mint, leaves chopped
- First mix yogurt and mint in a bowl.
- Add some spices to the yogurt-mint mixture and then let it chill in the fridge until it’s ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, mix the minced lamb with the spices, chilli, herbs, Worcestershire sauce and egg.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly with your hands until well blended.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions.
- Form each portion into a burger patty.
- Place a cheese cube in the center of each patty and seal.
- Cool the burgers in the refrigerator until shortly before your guests arrive.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the burgers in the pan for 1-2 minutes on each side until browned.
- Transfer the burgers to a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake the burgers for another 5-10 minutes, until cooked through and piping hot.
- Stack the finished burgers on a large plate.
- Serve the burgers with the mint yogurt dip on the side.
Equipment and tools
- frying pan
- Grill or grill
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (feta cheese)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Lamb Feta Burgers with Mint Yogurt, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, gently warm the burgers in a skillet or oven until warmed through.
The health benefits of lamb and feta burgers with mint yogurt
Lamb and feta burgers with mint yogurt are not only a delicious and filling meal, but also offer numerous health benefits. Rich in essential nutrients and supporting a healthy immune system, these burgers are a great addition to any diet. Let’s explore the health benefits of some of the key ingredients:
1. Minced lamb
Ground lamb is a lean source of protein, making it an ideal choice for anyone looking to build and repair muscle. It is also a good source of iron, which is essential for the production of red blood cells and the transport of oxygen throughout the body. Additionally, lamb is rich in vitamin B12, which plays a crucial role in brain function and the production of DNA and red blood cells.
2. Feta cheese
Feta cheese made from sheep’s milk gives the burgers a spicy and salty taste. It is a good source of calcium, essential for maintaining strong and healthy bones. Feta cheese also contains probiotics that support gut health and help improve digestion. In addition, it is lower in fat and calories compared to many other types of cheese.
Mint is used not only for its refreshing taste, but also for its potential health benefits. It contains antioxidants that protect the body from damage caused by harmful free radicals. Mint has also been shown to have antimicrobial properties that can help fight off certain bacteria and promote oral health.
4. Natural yogurt
Natural yogurt serves as a creamy and cooling accompaniment to the lamb and feta burgers. It is an excellent source of probiotics, which are beneficial bacteria that promote a healthy gut microbiome. Probiotics can help improve digestion, boost the immune system, and support overall gut health.
By combining these nutritious ingredients, the Lamb Feta Burgers with Mint Yogurt will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide a range of health benefits. Remember to enjoy them as part of a balanced diet and complement your meal with fresh salad or whole grain bread.