No one can resist the irresistible taste of our lamb and apricot meatballs. These delicious bites are sure to leave you wanting more. Our secret recipe ensures every bite is overflowing with the perfect blend of tender lamb and juicy apricots. So delicious that you might even consider doubling the quantity and freezing some for later. These meatballs are perfect as an appetizer, main course or even as a snack. Once you try them, you won’t be able to resist their delicious appeal. Be prepared to get addicted!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, very finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons each ground cumin and coriander (or 4 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix)
- 400 g chopped canned tomatoes
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ 20g pack of mint, finely chopped
- 500g pack of lean minced lamb
- 8 dried apricots, finely chopped
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- Flatbread and salad to serve
Lamb and apricot burgers
Sauté 1 red onion with the spices
Garlic as above, then mix with the lamb
Minced meat, apricots, mint, breadcrumbs and
Spice. Form into 4 burgers and grill,
grill or fry for 5-8 minutes on each side
until it is cooked. Serve in buns
Salad, cucumber and tzatziki.
1. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a pan and fry the onions for 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and spices and cook for a few more minutes.
3. Place half of the onion mixture in a bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Add the tomatoes, sugar and spices to the remaining onions in the pan and simmer until reduced, about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, add the mint, lamb, apricots and breadcrumbs to the cooled onions, season and mix well with your hands.
6. Form small meatballs from the mixture.
7. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan and fry the meatballs until golden brown (in batches if necessary).
8. Stir in the sauce with a splash of water and cook gently for a few minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
9. Serve with pita bread and salad.”
Equipment and tools
To prepare lamb and apricot meatballs you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A frying pan
- A cutting board
- A knife
- A can opener
- A mixing bowl
- A spoon or spatula for mixing
- A baking sheet or bowl
- An oven or grill
Please note that lamb and apricot meatballs contain the following allergens:
- Breadcrumbs (may contain gluten)
- Flatbread (may contain gluten)
If you or any of your guests have allergies or dietary restrictions, please consider these ingredients before preparing the recipe.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover lamb and apricot meatballs, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply warm them in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Lamb and Apricot Meatballs
Lamb and apricot meatballs are not only delicious but also offer several health benefits. Made with lean ground lamb and a combination of spices and herbs, these meatballs are packed with nutrients that can contribute to your overall well-being. Let’s take a closer look at some of the health benefits:
1. Rich in protein
Lamb is an excellent source of protein and these meatballs provide a good amount of this essential nutrient. Protein is necessary for various body functions, including building and repairing tissue, producing enzymes and hormones, and supporting a healthy immune system.
2. Rich in vitamins and minerals
The use of onions, garlic, and spices like cumin and coriander in this recipe not only add flavor, but also a range of vitamins and minerals. Onions are a good source of vitamin C, while garlic provides vitamin B6 and manganese. Cumin and coriander provide antioxidants and essential minerals such as iron, magnesium and potassium.
3. Good source of fiber
Incorporating dried apricots into these meatballs provides a natural sweetness and a boost of fiber. Fiber is essential for healthy digestion and preventing constipation. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels and may contribute to heart health.
4. Low carb option
For those on a low-carb diet, lamb is a good choice due to its low carbohydrate content. By replacing regular breadcrumbs with fresh breadcrumbs, you can further reduce the carbohydrate content of these meatballs, making them suitable for people who want to limit their carbohydrate intake.
5. Versatile and customizable
The great thing about this recipe is that it can be adapted to suit different dietary preferences and needs. For example, if you prefer a lighter version, you can grill or bake the meatballs instead of frying them. Additionally, you can modify the spice blend or add additional herbs to customize the flavor profile.
Overall, these lamb and apricot meatballs offer a delicious flavor combination and numerous health benefits. Whether you enjoy them with pita bread and salad or as a burger alternative, you can treat yourself to a filling meal that nourishes your body.