This Jamaican Ginger Beer and Pineapple Bundt Cake is a delicious treat that will leave you wanting more! With its amazingly open texture, it perfectly absorbs the delicious molasses icing, creating a sticky and irresistible cake. Whether you want something different for Christmas or want to treat yourself to a warm slice with a dollop of cream, this cake is sure to delight your taste buds. Get ready to experience an explosion of ginger and pineapple flavors in every bite!
- 225 ml vegetable oil, plus a little oil for greasing
- 75 ml whole milk
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 375g flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 300g dark muscovado sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 300 ml buttermilk
- 100 ml ginger beer (we used Old Jamaica)
- 3 large eggs
- 227 g canned pineapple rings in juice, drained and cut into small pieces (reserve the juice for the glaze)
- 4 tbsp liquid molasses
- 200g powdered sugar
- Pineapple juice (from above)
- 5 rings dried or glazed pineapple
- crystallized ginger to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4 and brush the inside of a non-stick 2.4 liter bundt cake tin with oil.
- Make sure you reach all corners to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Pour the milk and molasses into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring, until the molasses is melted, then set aside to cool.
- Mix flour, baking powder, bicarb, sugar, spices and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Shake the bowl a few times to bring any lumps of sugar to the surface and press them through your fingers.
- In a jug, combine oil, buttermilk, ginger beer and eggs.
- Add the cooled molasses mixture and stir again.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients along with the chopped pineapple.
- Mix everything together and then scrape into the mold.
- Bake for 1 hour, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If not, return to the oven for another 10 minutes and check again.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a wire rack.
- To make the glaze, combine the molasses, powdered sugar and pineapple juice in a saucepan and heat over low heat.
- Whisk until smooth and glossy, then brush generously over cooled cake to allow it to absorb.
- To serve, top with the glazed pineapple (hold with halved cocktail picks if you like) and crystallized ginger.
- Store in an airtight container for five days.
Equipment and tools
- Bundt cake tin
- mixing bowls
- Cooling rack
This Jamaican Ginger Beer and Pineapple Bundt Cake recipe contains the following allergens:
Depending on the brands and ingredients used, it may also contain allergens. Please check all product labels before consumption.
Storage and leftovers
Your Jamaican Ginger Beer Pineapple Bundt Cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. To extend freshness, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Before serving leftovers, we recommend bringing the cake to room temperature. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Jamaican Ginger Beer and Pineapple Bundt Cake
Bundt cake with ginger beer and pineapple combines two delicious ingredients into one delicious treat. Not only does it satisfy your sweet tooth but it also offers several health benefits.
The ginger in this cake gives your taste buds more than just a spicy kick. It is known for its medicinal properties and has been used for centuries to treat various diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Ginger contains gingerol, a substance with strong anti-inflammatory effects. Regular consumption of ginger can help reduce inflammation in the body and relieve symptoms of conditions such as arthritis.
- Digestive aid: Ginger is often used to relieve digestive problems such as nausea, indigestion and bloating. It can promote better digestion and calm the gastrointestinal tract.
- Immune booster: Ginger is rich in antioxidants and has antimicrobial properties that can strengthen the immune system and protect against infections.
Not only does pineapple add a tropical flavor to the cake, but it also comes with a number of health benefits.
- Rich in nutrients: Pineapple is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, manganese and bromelain. These nutrients are important for maintaining good overall health.
- Anti-inflammatory enzyme: Bromelain, an enzyme blend found in pineapple, has anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Immune system support: The high vitamin C content in pineapple can strengthen the immune system, protect against disease and contribute to collagen production for healthy skin.
- Digestive aid: Bromelain also aids digestion by breaking down proteins and improving nutrient absorption.
Molasses, a key ingredient in this cake, provides a unique flavor and additional health benefits.
- Iron source: Molasses is a good source of iron, a mineral necessary for red blood cell production and prevention of iron deficiency anemia.
- Antioxidant properties: The presence of antioxidants in molasses can help protect cells from free radical damage and reduce oxidative stress in the body.
- Rich in minerals: Molasses contains trace minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium, which are important for maintaining bone health and proper muscle function.
In conclusion, enjoying a slice of Jamaican Ginger Beer and Pineapple Bundt Cake will not only satisfy your dessert cravings but also provide several health benefits. The combination of ginger, pineapple and molasses offers anti-inflammatory, digestive, immune-boosting and nutrient-rich properties. So enjoy this delicious cake without feeling guilty!