Chicken recipes are always among the most searched on bbcgoodfood.com. Our culinary team has created an irresistible Italian stuffed chicken recipe that is sure to impress. This quick and easy dinner is specially designed to tantalize your taste buds. Tender chicken breasts are stuffed with a delicious blend of Italian flavors including herbs, cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. The result is a delicious dish full of flavor. This simple yet impressive Italian stuffed chicken recipe is the perfect choice for a comforting and fuss-free weeknight meal.
- 2 tbsp chopped olives or sun-dried tomatoes – whatever you have
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp dried herb mixture
- 200g can of full-fat soft cheese
- 4 plump boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- Olive oil for drizzling
To vary this recipe, you can swap out the soft
Cheese for a soft garlic and herb cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Fold olives or dried tomatoes, garlic and almost all herbs into the cheese and season.
- Cut a slit along the side of each chicken breast, then use your knife to open them into a pocket.
- Stuff each breast with a quarter of the cheese mixture, then press firmly to seal.
- Place on a greased baking tray. Season the top of the chicken.
- Place the tomato slices over each piece of chicken. Season and sprinkle with the remaining herbs.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown around the edges and the tomatoes look a little shriveled.
- Serve with a green salad and crusty bread to absorb the juice.
Equipment and tools
To make the Italian Stuffed Chicken you will need the following:
- A garlic press
- measuring spoon
- baking pan
This Italian Stuffed Chicken recipe contains the following allergens:
- Olives or sun-dried tomatoes
- Soft cheese
- Chicken breast
If you have any special dietary needs or concerns, please check the ingredients used and consult a healthcare professional.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from your Italian stuffed chicken, follow these storage guidelines:
- Allow the chicken to cool completely before storing.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place the chicken in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Note: Reheated chicken may not be as crispy as freshly cooked chicken.
Enjoy your Italian Stuffed Chicken!
Health Benefits of Italian Stuffed Chicken
Italian stuffed chicken is not only a delicious and filling dish, but also a healthy choice for your overall well-being. Packed with healthy ingredients and flavors, this recipe offers numerous health benefits that you can enjoy guilt-free.
1. Rich in protein
Chicken breast, the main ingredient of the dish, is an excellent source of lean protein. Protein is important for building and repairing tissue, supporting immune function, and maintaining healthy hair, skin, and nails. Consuming an adequate amount of protein can also help you feel fuller for longer, which is beneficial for weight control and satiety.
2. Rich in vitamins and minerals
Tomatoes are a key ingredient in this recipe and provide a variety of vitamins and minerals. They contain a particularly high amount of vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system, acts as an antioxidant and protects your cells from damage. Tomatoes also contain vitamin A, potassium and folic acid, which increases the nutritional value of the dish.
3. Heart-healthy unsaturated fats
Olive oil, used for drizzling in this recipe, is a rich source of monounsaturated fats, which are considered heart-healthy fats. These fats can help lower bad cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease. Additionally, olive oil contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that have positive effects on overall cardiovascular health.
4. Antioxidant-rich ingredients
Adding chopped olives or sun-dried tomatoes gives the dish additional antioxidants. Antioxidants are compounds that help protect your body from oxidative stress and inflammation, which are linked to various chronic diseases, including heart disease and certain types of cancer. Adding these ingredients to your Italian stuffed chicken will give your body an extra boost of these health-promoting compounds.
5. Versatile ingredient options
This recipe allows for variations in ingredients, e.g. B. using a soft garlic herb cheese instead of the full fat soft cheese. This opens up possibilities for flavor customization while maintaining the health benefits of the dish. The addition of garlic and herbs not only improves the taste but also brings additional health benefits such as immune system boosting and anti-inflammatory properties.
Overall, Italian stuffed chicken is a healthy and nutritious meal choice. It offers high-quality protein, essential vitamins and minerals, heart-healthy fats and antioxidants. Enjoy this tasty dish knowing that it offers numerous health benefits to support your well-being.