Impress your friends with this interesting twist on a popular classic, the Iced Raspberry & Basil Brûlées. Bursting with vibrant flavors, this dessert features a refreshing blend of sweet raspberries and aromatic basil that will tantalize your taste buds. Each spoonful of these creamy, chilled brûlées delivers a hint of fruity deliciousness, perfectly complemented by the unique basil undertones. With a caramelized sugar crust that crackles with the first bite, these elegant treats will amaze your guests. Treat yourself to this delicious dessert that combines sophistication, innovation and delicious flavors and is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression.
- 225g punnet of raspberries
- 50g golden powdered sugar
- 142 ml pot of double cream
- 100 ml high quality vanilla pudding
- a handful of basil leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Divide the raspberries between 4 ramekins
- Sprinkle sugar over the raspberries
- Press lightly on the sugar with the back of a spoon
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape
- Fold the vanilla sauce and basil into the cream
- Pour the creamy mixture over the raspberries
- Smooth the edges of the ramekins
- Leave the ramekins in the freezer for about 30 minutes to allow the cream to set
- Do not let the cream solidify
- Creams can be frozen for up to 2 weeks
- Allow the creams to thaw slightly in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving
- To serve, dust each baking dish evenly with a layer of powdered sugar
- Use a blowtorch to caramelize the top of each baking dish
- Allow the caramel to harden for 1 minute
- Serve immediately
Equipment and tools
To make iced raspberry basil brûlées, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowls
- Baking dish or ramekins
- Blowtorch or a hot grill
Please note the following allergen information for frozen raspberry basil brûlées:
- Dairy: This recipe contains double cream.
- Eggs: If you want to make your own custard, it may contain eggs.
Storage and leftovers
Store any leftover frozen raspberry basil brûlées in the refrigerator. They last up to 2 days. However, please note that the caramelized frosting may soften over time and lose its brûlée texture.
Health Benefits of Iced Raspberry Basil Brûlées
When it comes to delicious desserts, it’s hard to resist the iced raspberry basil brûlées. However, what if we told you that these delicious treats also have health benefits? Yes, you read that correctly! Let’s explore the nutritional benefits of some of the key ingredients used in this recipe.
First and foremost, raspberries are packed with essential nutrients that make them a fantastic addition to your diet. They are an excellent source of fiber, one serving provides about 8 grams. This can contribute to healthy digestion and prevent constipation.
Raspberries are also full of antioxidants, which are known to help fight free radicals in the body and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. They are particularly rich in vitamin C, which can boost your immune system and ensure youthful-looking skin.
Adding a handful of basil leaves not only enhances the flavor of your brûlées but also provides several health benefits. Basil contains essential oils such as eugenol, which has anti-inflammatory properties. This can help reduce inflammation in the body and relieve symptoms of conditions such as arthritis.
In addition, basil leaves are an excellent source of vitamin K, providing approximately 98% of the recommended daily intake in just one serving. This vitamin plays an important role in blood clotting and bone health.
Although double cream is undeniably high in fat, it can still provide some health benefits when consumed in moderation. It contains essential fatty acids that are important for the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, D, E and K.
Additionally, the presence of healthy fats in double cream can produce a feeling of satiety, prevent overeating, and help with weight control when consumed as part of a balanced diet.
High-quality vanilla pudding, used in moderation, can also provide some nutritional benefits. Custard is generally made from milk, which provides important nutrients such as calcium, vitamin D and protein. Calcium is essential for strong bones and teeth and vitamin D supports its absorption.
Last but not least, we can’t forget the powdered sugar, which gives these brûlées a touch of sweetness. Although powdered sugar isn’t particularly nutritious, it can be enjoyed in moderation to satisfy your sweet cravings.
Remember: While these health benefits exist, it’s important to consume these treats in moderation and as part of a balanced diet. Enjoying the iced raspberry basil brûlées every now and then can be a delicious way to tantalize your taste buds without compromising on nutrition.