Kids will love these delicious hot dog pies that are not only delicious but fun too! These pies are bursting with juicy hot dog flavors and are a hit with little ones. Each pie is baked to a perfect golden brown, creating a crispy, flaky outer layer that complements the juicy hot dog filling. The sticky onions provide an irresistible sweetness and perfectly balance the savory flavors. Serve these delicious treats with a dollop of spicy ketchup on the side for a real finger-licking experience that will leave kids wanting more!
- 200g pack of bread mix
- 8 sausages
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp grated cheese
- Prepare the bread mixture according to package directions.
- Heat a large non-stick pan.
- Fry the sausages briefly, remove and set aside.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into 4 diamond-shaped shapes, each 12 cm long (you may need to roll out the excess again to make the final dough).
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Spread each diamond with mustard and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Place 2 sausages in the middle, then fold the bottom tip up and place the two side tips on top of each other.
- Press to seal, then brush with egg and place on a baking sheet.
- Let rise for 5-10 minutes and then bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- While the pies are baking, pour out most of the fat from the pan in which you cooked the sausages, then fry the onions for 10 minutes until they begin to soften and caramelize.
- Add sugar and vinegar and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the pies with the sticky onions and ketchup, if desired.
Equipment and tools
To make hot dog patties with sticky onions, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- frying pan
Sticky onion hot dog patties contain the following allergens:
- Wheat (bread mix)
- Dairy products (cheese)
Storage and leftovers
Once prepared, you can store sticky onion hot dog patties in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through. However, for the best taste and texture, it is recommended to enjoy them fresh.
Health Benefits of Sticky Onion Hot Dog Pasties
Health Benefits of Sticky Onion Hot Dog Pasties
Sticky onion hot dog patties are a delicious dish that not only offers delicious taste but also several health benefits. Combining the benefits of sausage, onions and whole grain bread, this recipe provides a balanced mix of nutrients that contribute to overall well-being. Let’s explore some of the health benefits of this dish:
1. Whole grain enjoyment
The bread used in this recipe is made from a bread mix that likely contains whole wheat flour. Whole grains are rich in fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain regular bowel movements. Fiber also helps control blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
2. High quality protein
Sausages are the main source of protein in hot dog patties. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting immune function, and providing energy. Incorporating protein into your diet can also help you feel full and satisfied for longer periods of time, which can be helpful in weight management.
3. Nutrient-rich onions
The sticky onions in this recipe offer more than just delicious flavor. Onions are a nutrient-dense vegetable that provides important vitamins and minerals. They are a good source of vitamin C, which supports the immune system and helps with iron absorption. Onions also contain antioxidants, particularly quercetin, which has anti-inflammatory properties and may protect against chronic diseases.
4. Essential healthy fats
Olive oil, used in both the hot dog patties and sticky onions, is an excellent source of healthy fats. The monounsaturated fats in olive oil are known to have numerous health benefits such as: B. reducing inflammation, promoting heart health and improving brain function. In addition, olive oil contains antioxidants that protect against free radicals and help maintain healthy skin and hair.
5. Calcium and protein boost
Adding shredded cheese to this recipe provides a calcium boost and additional protein. Calcium is necessary for strong bones and teeth, while protein supports muscle growth and repair. Including cheese in moderation in your diet can also contribute to a higher intake of essential nutrients such as vitamins A and B12.
Overall, sticky onion hot dog patties provide a nutritional balance that can have a positive impact on your health. From the whole grain quality of the bread to the protein from the sausage and cheese to the vital healthy fats in olive oil, this dish is a delicious way to enjoy a nutrient-dense meal.