Treat yourself to the deliciousness of our Honey Yogurt Cheesecake, a delicious dessert that will transport you to the sun-drenched shores of the Mediterranean. With its irresistible mix of creamy yogurt and delicate honey, this easy casserole is sure to win the hearts of your loved ones. The best part? It can be made in advance, making it perfect for those who value convenience without sacrificing flavor. Whether you’re hosting a special occasion or just craving a sweet treat, this cheesecake is sure to bring joy and satisfaction to your table. Treat yourself and your guests to a taste of Mediterranean magic.
- 100g amaretti cookies (or ginger or digestive cookies)
- 85 g roasted almond flakes
- 85g butter, melted
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- 750g mascarpone
- 2 eggs
- Zest 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 250 ml honey (orange blossom honey is particularly suitable)
- fresh fruit to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3.
- Crush the cookies and most of the almonds in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- Mix the crushed cookies and almonds with the butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a deep 23cm oval shape.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes until crispy.
- Mix or mash the yogurt and mascarpone in a large bowl.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in lemon and orange peel.
- Add most of the honey, reserving about 3 tablespoons.
- Spread the yogurt mixture on the cookie base.
- Cover loosely with foil and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and let the cake bake for another 15 minutes, until it is lightly golden brown and the top is set and barely moves in the center.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool.
- Store the cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To serve, sprinkle almonds on top of the cheesecake.
- Drizzle the remaining honey over the cheesecake.
- Pass around fresh fruit to serve with the cheesecake.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Springform pan for cakes
- baking paper
- Food processor or rolling pin (for crushing cookies)
- measuring cup
- Zester or grater
This recipe contains the following potential allergens:
- Butter (may contain dairy products)
- Greek yogurt (may contain dairy)
- Mascarpone cheese (may contain dairy products)
Storage and leftovers
The honey yogurt cheesecake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Leftovers should be consumed within this time to ensure freshness. Before serving leftover slices, let them come to room temperature for best flavor and texture.
Health Benefits of Honey Yogurt Cheesecake
When it comes to indulging in desserts, finding a treat that not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also offers health benefits is like hitting the jackpot. One such dessert that combines deliciousness with nutritional value is the honey yogurt cheesecake. Packed with healthy ingredients like Greek yogurt and honey, this delicious dessert will not only tantalize your taste buds but also offers several health benefits you won’t be able to resist.
Greek yogurt – a protein powerhouse
The main ingredient of this cheesecake is Greek yogurt, which serves as a rich source of high-quality protein. Protein has numerous functions in the body, including building and repairing tissue, supporting the immune system, and assisting in the production of enzymes and hormones. By incorporating Greek yogurt into your cheesecake, you give your dessert a boost of protein, making it more filling and nutritious.
Mascarpone – a creamy delight
Mascarpone, a soft and creamy Italian cheese, not only gives the cheesecake a delicious texture but also offers some health benefits. This cheese is a good source of calcium, which is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth. Calcium is also needed for proper muscle and nerve function, making this cheesecake a treat that indulges while supporting your overall well-being.
Lemon and Orange Peel – full of flavor and antioxidants
The lemon and orange peel give the honey yogurt cheesecake a touch of citrusy freshness and make it a delight for your taste buds. In addition to the taste, citrus fruits are known for their high antioxidant content, which protects your body from oxidative stress caused by free radicals. These antioxidants, like vitamin C, can contribute to a healthy immune system and overall skin health.
Honey – Nature’s sweetener with nutritional benefits
One of the stars of this cheesecake is undoubtedly honey. Not only does it provide a natural, sweet taste, but it also brings a number of health benefits. Honey is known for its antimicrobial properties, which can soothe sore throats and aid digestion. Additionally, honey contains antioxidants and certain minerals such as iron and zinc, which can help maintain a healthy body.
Fresh fruit – for a nutritional boost
No dessert is complete without a fresh fruit topping, and this honey yogurt cheesecake is no exception. The addition of fresh fruit not only enhances the look, but also provides a variety of nutrients. Depending on your preference, you can choose from a range of fruits such as strawberries, blueberries or raspberries, all of which offer a good dose of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
With its combination of Greek yogurt, mascarpone, citrus zest, honey, and fresh fruit, honey yogurt cheesecake is a dessert that will tantalize your taste buds while providing significant health benefits. It’s time to treat yourself to a delicious, guilt-free dessert that satisfies both your sweet cravings and your nutritional needs.