Treat yourself to the delicious treat of homemade brie burgers, a culinary masterpiece that combines simplicity and delicious flavors. The combination of brie cheese with juicy beef patties creates a natural harmony of taste and texture.
Offering a delightful contrast, these burgers feature a crispy exterior that adds a delicious crunch to every bite. With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe allows you to effortlessly create a gourmet burger experience right in your own kitchen.
- 500g lean minced beef of the best quality, preferably freshly chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large basil leaves
- 50g Brie, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 dried tomatoes in oil, halved
- Lettuce leaves, cornichons and tomato slices for serving
- Take the minced meat out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking so that it comes to room temperature.
- Place the minced meat in a bowl and mix in 1 teaspoon of sea salt, pepper, grated onion and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix well with your (clean) hands.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal balls.
- Wrap a basil leaf around each Brie slice.
- Press the brie and basil into the center of each patty along with a slice of tomato.
- Form the meat into flat cakes about 1½ cm thick.
- Heat the grill for 5 minutes.
- Set the grill grate to the highest setting.
- Place the burgers evenly on the rack so that they are under the hottest parts of the grill.
- Brush the burgers with the sun-dried tomato oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the first side for 3 minutes for medium-rare or 5 minutes for well done.
- Brush the other side with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill for the same amount of time.
- Let the burgers rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- Wrap the burgers in a crispy bun.
- Add lettuce leaves, cornichons, tomatoes and relish to the burger.
Equipment and tools
To make these delicious homemade brie burgers you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Bowl for mixing ingredients
- Grater for onions
- Knife for cutting brie and sun-dried tomatoes
- Spatula or spoon for shaping and turning burgers
- Grill or frying pan
Before making these brie burgers, it’s important to consider the following allergen information:
- Contains beef, milk (Brie)
- May contain traces of other allergens depending on the ingredients used
- Please ensure all ingredients are suitable for your dietary needs and allergies
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from your homemade brie burgers, you can save them for later enjoyment. Here’s how:
- Allow the burgers to cool completely.
- Place the burgers in an airtight container or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Store the burgers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, you can either grill them for a few minutes or warm them slightly in a frying pan.
- Enjoy the leftover burgers as a quick and delicious meal, either on their own or in a bun with your favorite ingredients!
Health Benefits of Homemade Brie Burgers
When it comes to burgers, homemade burgers not only offer great taste and satisfaction, but they also allow you to control the quality and nutritional value of the ingredients used. A delicious twist on the traditional burger, Homemade Brie Burgers combine the rich and creamy flavor of Brie cheese with savory ground beef. Let’s explore the health benefits of this delicious dish.
1. Lean minced meat
The recipe calls for 500g of the highest quality lean ground beef. Lean beef is an excellent source of high-quality protein, which plays a crucial role in building and repairing tissue, supporting muscle growth, and maintaining a strong immune system. It is also rich in essential vitamins and minerals such as iron, zinc and B vitamins.
This burger recipe contains 1 small onion, grated. Onions are not only aromatic and add flavor to the dish, but also offer numerous health benefits. They’re packed with antioxidants, especially flavonoids, which help reduce inflammation and protect against chronic diseases like heart disease and certain cancers. Onions also contain fiber and prebiotics that promote a healthy gut.
3. Worcestershire sauce
The addition of 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce gives the burgers a subtle spice and umami flavor. Worcestershire sauce is primarily made from vinegar, molasses, garlic, and various spices. It is low in calories and can enhance the flavor of dishes without adding excessive amounts of sugar, fat, or sodium.
4. Basil leaves
With 4 large basil leaves, these homemade brie burgers offer a touch of freshness and herbal flavor. Known for its antioxidant properties, basil is a good source of vitamins A, K and C, as well as manganese and calcium. It also contains essential oils that can have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects.
5. Brie cheese
Adding 50g of Brie cheese to the burgers gives them a creamy and delicious touch. While cheese is typically high in saturated fat and calories, brie is relatively low in it compared to some other varieties. In addition, it is a good source of calcium, essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth.
6. Dried tomatoes
The recipe calls for 2 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, halved. Dried tomatoes are an excellent source of antioxidants, including lycopene, which has been linked to a lower risk of certain cancers and heart disease. They also provide fiber, vitamins A and C, and minerals such as potassium and iron.
7. Lettuce leaves, cornichons and tomato slices
You can add lettuce leaves, gherkins (pickled baby cucumbers) and tomato slices to the brie burgers. These additives increase the overall nutritional value of the meal by providing a variety of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
In summary, homemade brie burgers offer a combination of delicious flavors and multiple health benefits. From the lean ground beef that provides high-quality protein to the antioxidant-rich onions, basil leaves, and sun-dried tomatoes, this recipe makes for a filling and nutritious meal. So why not try making these homemade brie burgers for your next cookout or family gathering?