Looking for a quick and delicious weeknight meal? Then our recipe for herbed salmon and couscous packets is just right for you. In less than 30 minutes you have a healthy, aromatic dish on the table. With a perfect blend of fresh herbs and succulent salmon, every bite is full of flavor. And the best part? This recipe is easily doubled, making it perfect for feeding a crowd or enjoying leftovers. Don’t settle for boring weeknight meals when you can whip up this delicious and filling dish in a snap. Try it today!
- 110g pack of lemon garlic couscous
- 200 ml hot vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- a handful of chopped fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, tarragon or rosemary work well)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 sun-dried or sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 salmon fillets, approx. 140 g each
Preparation in the microwave
Cook each packet individually on high for 3 minutes, then let stand for 2 minutes.Make it with chicken
Instead of salmon, use 2 sliced skinless chicken breast fillets. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through, or microwave on high for 4 minutes, then let stand for 2 minutes.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and stir in the broth and oil.
- Cover with cling film and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the couscous and fluff it with a fork.
- Set aside some herbs and add the remaining ingredients, except for the salmon, to the couscous.
- Season the couscous mixture to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cut out two large sheets of non-stick baking paper.
- Divide the couscous mixture evenly between the two sheets of baking paper.
- Place each salmon fillet on top of the couscous.
- Scatter the remaining herbs over the salmon fillets and season.
- Fold the paper over the salmon and couscous and twist the edges to seal the packets.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the fish feels firm when touched through the paper.
- Serve the salmon and couscous packets in the paper bags.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe for salmon and couscous parcels with herbs, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Small pot
- Microwavable bowl or bowl
- Baking dish (if baking with chicken)
- cutting board
- Tongs or spatula
This herbed salmon and couscous packet recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Wheat (couscous)
Please check the packaging of all ingredients used to ensure they are suitable for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from this Herbed Salmon and Couscous Parcels recipe, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply microwave the packets for 1-2 minutes or until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Herbed Salmon and Couscous Packets
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: The main ingredient in this recipe, salmon, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy fats are known for their numerous benefits, including reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and supporting brain function.
- High protein content: Salmon is an excellent source of high-quality protein and provides all the essential amino acids required for optimal body function. Protein is crucial for building and repairing tissue, supporting muscle health and promoting satiety.
- Vitamins and minerals: The combination of fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, tarragon and rosemary give the dish a lot of vitamins and minerals. These herbs are rich in vitamins A, C, K and various essential minerals including iron, calcium and magnesium.
- Antioxidant protection: Sunscreen or sun-dried tomatoes not only enhance the flavor of the dish, but also provide a good dose of antioxidants. Antioxidants protect the body from oxidative stress and can prevent chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain types of cancer.
- Low in calories and rich in nutrients: The lemon garlic couscous used in this recipe is a healthier alternative to heavier carbohydrate sources. Couscous is low in calories and provides important nutrients such as selenium and manganese. It is also a good source of fiber, which aids digestion and promotes satiety.
- Customizable with chicken: If you prefer chicken to salmon, this recipe offers an alternative. Chicken is a lean source of protein and a good choice for anyone looking to maintain muscle mass and support their weight control goals.