Once you’ve mastered the basics of risotto, the only limit to the possible combinations is your imagination. With this basic version you are on the right track.
Treat yourself to the creamy deliciousness of our herb parmesan risotto. This delicious dish combines the perfect balance of fragrant herbs and savory Parmesan cheese, creating a delicious symphony of flavors. Each bite is a harmonious blend of rich creaminess and aromatic freshness, transporting your taste buds into culinary bliss. Whether served as a comforting main course or a decadent side dish, our herb parmesan risotto is sure to impress even the most discerning palate. Improve your cooking skills and enjoy the art of Italian cuisine with this delicious recipe.
- 1½ l vegetable broth
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g risotto rice
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 50 g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), half finely grated, half planed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls of soft herbs, including basil, chervil, chives, half chopped, half left whole
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Bring the broth to the boil and simmer on a low heat.
- In a separate pan, melt half the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in the onions and sauté gently for 8-10 minutes, until softened but not colored, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the rice into the onions until it is completely coated with the butter, then stir continuously until the rice is glossy and the edges of the grain look translucent.
- Pour in the wine and simmer until it has completely evaporated.
- Add the broth a tablespoon at a time, stirring with each addition until absorbed.
- Continue adding broth a tablespoon at a time and stirring the rice over low heat for 25-30 minutes until the rice is cooked al dente (with a slightly firm, starchy bite in the center).
- The risotto should be creamy and slightly soupy. Dragging a wooden spoon into it should create a trail that lasts a few moments, but no longer.
- When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat, stir in the grated Parmesan, the remaining butter, half the oil and the chopped herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid and let the risotto rest for a few minutes.
- Now prepare your herb salad. Roughly chop the chives, then mix with the whole herb leaves, the remaining olive oil and the balsamic vinegar.
- Stir the risotto again and then serve in bowls, garnish with some herb salad and some grated Parmesan.
Equipment and tools
To prepare herb parmesan risotto you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Large pot for vegetable broth
- Pot or risotto pan
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- cutting board
- Knife for chopping the onion
- Grater for Parmesan cheese
- Measuring glass for white wine
- tablespoons for olive oil
- Bowl for herbs
- Serving plates or bowls
This herb parmesan risotto recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products: Parmesan cheese
- Alcohol: white wine
Please note that the Parmesan can be replaced with a vegetarian alternative if desired.
Storage and leftovers
Once cooked, you can store any leftover herb parmesan risotto in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you want to reheat it, simply reheat it in a pot or microwave until warmed through. To ensure freshness, it is best to consume leftovers within the recommended time.
Enjoy your herb parmesan risotto!
Health Benefits of Herb Parmesan Risotto
When it comes to enjoying delicious and hearty dishes, it is always beneficial if they also offer health benefits. One such dish is herb parmesan risotto, an aromatic and creamy combination of rice, herbs and cheese. Not only is it a crowd-pleaser, but it also offers several nutritional benefits. Let’s delve deeper into the health benefits of the key ingredients in this recipe.
1. Risotto rice
The main ingredient in this dish, risotto rice, is a type of short-grain rice that has a creamy and chewy consistency when cooked. This type of rice is rich in carbohydrates, which serve as the body’s primary source of energy. Additionally, risotto rice is low in fat and sodium, making it a suitable option for anyone watching their salt and fat intake.
The Herb Parmesan Risotto recipe calls for a generous amount of soft herbs, including basil, chervil, and chives. Herbs are known for their powerful antioxidants, which protect the body from free radicals and reduce oxidative stress. They also provide important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin C and folic acid. Incorporating herbs into your diet can help boost your immune system and support overall health.
3. Parmesan cheese
The Parmesan cheese used in this recipe gives the risotto a wonderfully nutty flavor and creamy texture. While cheese should be consumed in moderation due to its high fat content, Parmesan cheese offers several health benefits. It is an excellent source of calcium, which is crucial for maintaining strong bones and teeth. Parmesan cheese also provides protein and is relatively low in lactose, making it suitable for people with lactose intolerance.
4. Balsamic vinegar
To enhance the flavors of the herb parmesan risotto, a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar is added. Balsamic vinegar offers numerous health benefits due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help lower cholesterol, regulate blood sugar levels and improve digestion. In addition, balsamic vinegar adds a spicy flavor to the risotto, improving the overall dining experience.
Enjoying a comforting bowl of herb parmesan risotto not only satisfies your taste buds, but also provides you with valuable nutrients. From the energy-packed risotto rice to the antioxidant-rich herbs to the bone-strengthening Parmesan cheese, every ingredient contributes to a nutritious and delicious meal.