Treat yourself to the delicious taste of Herby Lamb Burgers with beetroot mayo! This recipe takes the timeless harmony of lamb and mint to a new level by complementing it with a flavorful and vibrant beetroot relish.
Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with juicy lamb meatballs seasoned with fresh herbs and paired with a creamy beetroot mayonnaise that adds a delicious twist to this classic flavor combination. These burgers will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more. Be surprised by the taste explosion with every bite!
- 400g minced lamb
- 1 small red onion, ½ grated, ½ thinly sliced
- a handful of parsley, coarsely chopped
- a handful of mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cooked beets, finely chopped
- 4 rolls
- a few handfuls of watercress
- Mix the lamb, grated onions and herbs in a bowl and season with some spices.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and form burgers.
- Heat a grill pan until hot.
- Rub the burgers with oil.
- Cook the burgers in the grill pan for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While the burgers are cooking, mix the mayonnaise and beetroot in a bowl with some spices.
- Fill the rolls with some watercress.
- Place a burger on top of the watercress.
- Place a dollop of beetroot mayonnaise on the burger.
- Finally add a few slices of onion.
- Serve the burgers immediately.
Equipment and tools
To make these herbed lamb burgers with beetroot mayo, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
Important Allergen Information for these Herbed Lamb Burgers with Beetroot Mayonnaise:
- This recipe contains eggs (mayonnaise), which may be allergic to some people.
- Rolls may contain gluten and may not be suitable for those with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
- Please ensure that the ingredients you use do not contain other allergens and take necessary precautions if you have allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, follow these storage tips:
- Store the leftover cooked lamb burgers in an airtight container and refrigerate within 2 hours of cooking.
- The leftover beetroot mayo can also be stored in a separate container in the refrigerator.
- Both the lamb burgers and the beetroot mayonnaise should be consumed within 3-4 days.
When reheating leftovers, be sure to heat them thoroughly until piping hot.
Health Benefits of Herbed Lamb Burgers with Beetroot Mayo
The combination of spicy lamb burgers with a spicy beetroot mayonnaise not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers various health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional benefits of this delicious dish:
1. High quality protein source
The 400g of minced lamb used in these burgers is an excellent source of high quality protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, promoting healthy growth and maintaining muscle mass. Including protein-rich foods like lamb in your diet can increase satiety and aid weight management.
2. Nutrient-rich herbs
This recipe includes a handful of freshly chopped parsley and mint, which not only enhance the flavor but also provide essential vitamins and minerals. Parsley is rich in vitamin K, vitamin C and antioxidants, while mint offers a refreshing taste and can aid digestion.
3. Heart-healthy olive oil
A teaspoon of olive oil is used to cook the lamb burgers, adding a touch of healthy fat to the recipe. Olive oil is an important part of the Mediterranean diet and is known for its heart-protective effects. It contains monounsaturated fats, which may help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
4. Nutrient-rich beets
To make delicious beetroot mayonnaise, finely chopped, cooked beetroot is mixed with mayonnaise. Beetroot is a highly nutritious vegetable full of vitamins, minerals and beneficial plant compounds. It contains nitrates, which, when taken regularly, can help improve athletic performance and lower blood pressure.
5. Whole wheat rolls
The herb lamb burgers are served on whole wheat buns and offer additional health benefits. Compared to refined grains, whole grains are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. They contribute to better digestion, help regulate blood sugar levels and support long-term weight control.
6. Nutrient-rich watercress
To round off the dish, a few handfuls of watercress are added. Watercress is a highly nutritious green leafy vegetable that is low in calories but rich in vitamins A, C and K and antioxidants. It may have anti-cancer properties and may help strengthen the immune system.
When you enjoy herbed lamb burgers with beetroot mayo, you not only enjoy a delicious meal, but you also provide your body with a number of important nutrients. Enjoy this tasty dish while reaping its wonderful health benefits!