Looking to up your tortellini game? This hearty noodle soup recipe is exactly what you need. Packed with fiber and low in fat, this soup is incredibly nutritious. In addition, it is rich in various vegetables, making it a healthy and filling meal for lunch or dinner. Warm your taste buds and treat yourself to a bowl of this comforting soup that will leave you feeling nourished and satisfied.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1l vegetable broth
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 200g frozen mixed peas and beans
- 250g pack of freshly filled tortellini (we used spinach and ricotta)
- Handful of basil leaves (optional)
- grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative) for serving
No basil – pesto is enough
Can’t get fresh basil? If yes
Place a cup of pesto in the refrigerator and stir
Add a spoonful to the soup just before serving.Make a casserole out of it
Ricotta and basil casserole: Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C.
Gas 6. Put the pasta in a baking dish and season
Add the tomatoes, stir in the basil and spoon over the top.
In a bowl, mix the peas and beans, 250g cup
Ricotta and a handful of grated Parmesan. Dot the mixture
pour over the pasta, then sprinkle with more Parmesan
Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sauté the carrots and onions for 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add broth and tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the end, add the peas and beans.
- Once the vegetables are soft, stir in the noodles.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes, until the pasta is just cooked through.
- If necessary, stir in the basil.
- Season and then serve in bowls with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- Serve with slices of garlic bread.
Equipment and tools
To make this hearty noodle soup, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A large pot or stockpot
- A cutting board
- A sharp knife
- A wooden spoon or spatula
- A can opener
- A measuring cup
- A baking dish (optional, for the baking version)
- An oven (optional, for the baking variant)
This hearty noodle soup may contain certain allergens. Please note the following allergen information:
- Contains dairy products: grated Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Contains gluten: freshly filled tortellini
- May contain nuts: basil (optional if using pesto)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers of this hearty noodle soup, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly before serving.
Health benefits of a hearty noodle soup
A hearty noodle soup is not only a delicious and comforting dish, but it also offers several health benefits. Packed with nutritious ingredients, this soup can be a great addition to your diet. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of this heartwarming soup:
1. Antioxidant-rich vegetables
The base of the soup is carrots and onions, both of which are rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect your body from damage caused by harmful free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers.
2. Immune-boosting ingredients
The vegetable broth, tomatoes, and peas and beans in the soup are excellent sources of vitamins and minerals that support a healthy immune system. They provide important nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A and iron, which can help strengthen your body’s defenses against disease.
3. Nutrient-rich tortellini
The freshly stuffed tortellini, especially the spinach and ricotta variety, not only give the soup a delicious taste but also add to its nutritional value. Spinach is a good source of vitamins A, C and K as well as iron and calcium. Ricotta cheese provides protein and calcium, which are crucial for building and maintaining strong bones and muscles.
4. Soothing herbs
The optional basil leaves in this recipe not only provide a boost of freshness, but also offer potential health benefits. Basil contains essential oils with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties can help promote digestion and reduce inflammation in the body.
5. Versatile and customizable
The great thing about hearty noodle soup is its versatility. You can adjust the recipe to suit your dietary preferences and dietary needs. If you are vegetarian, you can use a vegetarian alternative to grated Parmesan. Additionally, you have the option to add pesto to add more flavor to the soup and reap the potential benefits of basil.
Whether you enjoy this soup as a warming meal on a chilly day or incorporate it into your weekly menu, it is a healthy and nutritious choice. The combination of vegetables, tortellini and herbs makes it a balanced dish that offers both taste and health benefits. Don’t hesitate to try different variations of this soup and make your own!