Treat yourself to a taste of France with our healthy salad Niçoise! This delicious twist on the traditional French bistro classic adds a healthy twist to your plate. We use extra crisp lettuce and a selection of fresh, hearty vegetables to increase the nutritional value. And to keep it light, our low-fat dressing complements all the flavors perfectly. Enjoy this filling and healthy salad and experience the true essence of a Niçoise tuna with a guilt-free twist.
- 200g new potatoes, cut into thick slices
- 2 medium eggs
- 100 g green beans, cleaned
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 anchovies in olive oil, drained well
- 197g can of tuna steak in spring water, drained
- 2 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and eggs and cook for 7 minutes.
- Scoop the eggs out of the pan.
- Add the green beans and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, beans and eggs in a colander under cold running water until cool.
- Let dry.
- Peel and quarter the eggs.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in 2 shallow bowls.
- Sprinkle over the beans, potatoes, tomatoes and egg quarters.
- Pat the anchovies with paper towels to absorb the excess oil and place them on top.
- Cut the tuna into pieces and distribute over the salad.
- Mix mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon cold water in a bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over the salad and serve.
Equipment and tools
To prepare a healthy Niçoise salad, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowl
The healthy salad Niçoise contains the following allergens:
- Fish (anchovies)
Please be aware of these allergens if you have dietary restrictions or allergies.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover healthy Niçoise salad, follow these storage instructions:
- Place the salad in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate immediately.
- For best flavor and freshness, consume within 1-2 days.
Health benefits of healthy Niçoise salad
The healthy Niçoise salad is not only a delicious and filling dish, but also offers numerous health benefits due to its nutrient-rich ingredients. Let’s examine the health benefits of each component:
In addition to being a good source of carbohydrates for energy, new potatoes are rich in fiber, vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants. They aid digestion, promote healthier skin and support heart health.
Eggs are a nutritional powerhouse, containing essential vitamins, minerals and high-quality protein. They provide important nutrients such as vitamin B12, vitamin D, choline and selenium and support brain health, muscle repair and strengthen the immune system.
Green beans are low in calories and high in fiber, making them great for weight control and digestion. They also contain valuable antioxidants such as beta-carotene and vitamin C, which help protect the body from free radicals.
Romaine lettuce is a nutrient-dense green leafy vegetable that is low in calories and rich in vitamins A, K and folic acid. It provides fiber, promotes healthy vision, supports bone health and aids digestion.
Cherry tomatoes are rich in vitamins A and C as well as lycopene, a powerful antioxidant. These nutrients contribute to a healthy immune system, improved vision and reduced risk of chronic diseases.
Anchovies in olive oil:
Anchovies are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health and reducing inflammation. They also provide protein, calcium, iron and vitamin D, which support bone health and overall well-being.
Tuna steak in spring water:
Tuna steak is a lean source of protein and an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. It helps reduce inflammation, promote brain health and support heart health.
Using reduced-fat mayonnaise in this recipe helps reduce the overall calorie content without compromising taste. Compared to regular mayonnaise, it contains less saturated fat, making it a healthier choice for those watching their fat intake.