Want to add some pizzazz to your dinner? Then these delicious Harissa Lamb Chops with Pomegranate Couscous are for you! This inspired recipe transforms a simple pantry grain into a flavor sensation by adding bright, juicy fruits and aromatic herbs.
But the real star of this dish are the juicy lamb chops, cooked to perfection and paired with a tempting harissa yogurt dressing. The fiery harissa harmonizes perfectly with the tender lamb and ensures a harmonious and unforgettable flavor combination.
And let’s not forget the couscous! Flavored with the sweet and spicy notes of pomegranate, this side dish serves as a delicious accompaniment to the main event.
So if you’re ready to impress your family and friends with a truly sensational meal, try our recipe for Harissa Lamb Chops with Pomegranate Couscous. It’s sure to be a crowd favorite!
- 100 g Greek yogurt with 0% fat
- 1 heaped tablespoon of harissa
- 4 lean lamb chops, fat-free
- 100g couscous
- 125 ml hot, low-sodium vegetable broth
- 400g can of chickpeas in water, drained
- Zest and squeeze 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- small pack of pomegranate seeds
- small packet of mint, chopped
- Heat the grill.
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt and half of the harissa with spices.
- Take out 2 tbsp, set aside, then add the lamb to the rest and marinate while you prepare the couscous (or overnight).
- In a bowl, cover the couscous with the hot broth and add the rest of the harissa.
- Cover with cling film and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, apricots, pomegranate seeds and half the mint.
- Place the lamb on a baking tray and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Pour the cooking juice into the couscous and stir.
- Serve the lamb with couscous, reserved yogurt and a sprinkle of mint.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Grill or grill
- mixing bowl
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (in Greek yogurt)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place in the preheated oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Harissa Lamb Chops with Pomegranate Couscous
Harissa lamb chops with pomegranate couscous are not only delicious but also full of health benefits. This recipe combines lean lamb chops, a flavorful harissa marinade, and nutrient-dense couscous with chickpeas, lemon, dried apricots, pomegranate seeds, and mint. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of each ingredient:
Greek yogurt is a great source of protein, calcium and probiotics. It helps build and repair muscles, maintain bone health, and support a healthy gut.
Harissa is a spicy paste made from chili peppers, garlic and various spices. Chili peppers are rich in capsaicin, which can boost metabolism, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain.
Lean lamb chops
Lean lamb chops are a good source of high-quality protein, important vitamins (B12, niacin and zinc) and minerals. They support muscle growth, promote brain function and help maintain the immune system.
Couscous is a whole grain made from semolina. It is a good source of complex carbohydrates and fiber, which help regulate blood sugar levels, promote digestion and promote satiety.
Chickpeas are a nutrient-dense legume that is rich in protein, fiber, vitamins (folic acid, vitamin B6) and minerals (iron, magnesium, potassium). They can improve digestion, support heart health and help with weight control.
Lemons are a good source of vitamin C, antioxidants and citric acid. They promote hydration, aid digestion, strengthen the immune system and improve skin health.
Dried apricots are a great source of fiber, vitamins (A and E) and minerals (potassium, magnesium). They help regulate blood pressure, improve digestion and support eye and skin health.
Pomegranate seeds are packed with antioxidants, fiber and vitamins (C and K). They have anti-inflammatory properties, improve heart health, aid digestion, and may help reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Mint is an herb with various health benefits. It supports digestion, relieves indigestion and inflammation, improves respiratory health and provides a refreshing taste.