Treat yourself to the irresistible taste of our grilled salmon teriyaki with cucumber salad! This recipe takes convenience to a whole new level as the salmon fillets are prepared straight from the freezer, saving you time and effort. The delicious, sticky glaze not only adds delicious sweetness, but also helps retain the fish’s natural moisture as it cooks. The result is a perfectly tender and juicy salmon that will leave your taste buds wanting more. Complemented by a refreshing cucumber salad, this dish is a real culinary delight. Let yourself be surprised!
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp mirin or dry sherry
- 1 tbsp golden powdered sugar
- 1 piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed into a paste
- 4 frozen boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp golden powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Fish expert CJ Jackson says flash-frozen fish can be a better buy than fresh. It is often cheaper and can be “fresher than fresh”. It’s also great for keeping in the freezer and can be prepared from frozen.
- Heat the grill to high and brush a sturdy baking sheet with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix soy, mirin, sugar, ginger and garlic until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss the frozen salmon in the soy mixture until coated.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Place the tray about 10cm from the heat and grill for 20 minutes.
- Brush the fish with the simmering marinade every few minutes until cooked and glazed. If the fillets are thick, you may need to turn them on their side.
- Remove the salmon from the grill.
- Simmer the marinade until sticky and then pour over the cooked salmon.
- For the cucumber salad, peel the cucumber into slices using a swivel knife peeler.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the vinegar with the soy sauce, sugar and sesame seeds.
- Mix the cucumber with the dressing.
- Serve the cucumber salad with salmon and cooked rice.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the grilled salmon teriyaki with cucumber salad, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Grill or grill pan
- mixing bowls
- Whisk or fork
- Baking dish or tray
- A garlic press
- cutting board
- measuring spoon
- Colander or colander (for cucumber salad)
The Grilled Salmon Teriyaki with Cucumber Salad recipe contains the following allergenic ingredients:
- soy sauce
Please note that this recipe may also contain other allergens not listed above. It is important to check specific product labels to ensure that all ingredients used are appropriate for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Grilled Salmon Teriyaki with Cucumber Salad, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, gently heat the salmon in a skillet or in the microwave until warmed through.
It is not recommended to freeze the cooked salmon as this may cause changes in texture and taste.
Please note that cucumber salad is best enjoyed fresh and does not store well, so it is recommended to consume it immediately after preparation.
The Health Benefits of Grilled Salmon Teriyaki with Cucumber Salad
Grilled Salmon Teriyaki with Cucumber Salad is a delicious and healthy dish that combines the rich flavor of teriyaki sauce with the fresh crunch of cucumber. This dish is not only a delight for your taste buds but also offers a number of health benefits that make it a great addition to your diet.
1. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids
The main ingredient in this recipe, salmon, is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Known for their heart-healthy properties, these essential fats can help reduce inflammation, improve brain function, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease and arthritis.
2. Packed with protein
Salmon is also a great source of high-quality protein. Protein is an essential nutrient that is important for various functions in the body, including muscle growth and repair, immune system function, and hormone production. Including salmon in your diet can help you meet your protein needs and stay fuller for longer.
3. Rich in essential nutrients
In addition to omega-3 fatty acids and protein, salmon is also rich in other essential nutrients such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, selenium and potassium. Vitamin D is important for bone health and immune system function, while vitamin B12 is essential for red blood cell production and nervous system function. Selenium is a powerful antioxidant that protects the body from oxidative stress, and potassium plays a crucial role in maintaining proper heart and muscle function.
4. Low calorie
If you’re looking for a healthy and low-calorie meal, Grilled Salmon Teriyaki with Cucumber Salad is an excellent choice. Salmon is relatively low in calories, especially compared to other protein sources like red meat. By grilling the salmon instead of frying it, you can further reduce the calorie content and still enjoy a tasty and filling meal.
5. Refreshing and moisturizing
The cucumber salad in this dish provides a refreshing and hydrating touch. Cucumbers are mostly water and are an excellent source of fluids. Adequate hydration is important for maintaining optimal body functions, promoting healthy digestion and keeping skin glowing.
Overall, Grilled Salmon Teriyaki with Cucumber Salad is a nutrient-dense meal that offers a combination of flavor and health benefits. By incorporating this dish into your regular diet, you can enjoy a delicious meal while providing your body with essential nutrients.
CJ Jackson. “Frozen fish: a buying guide.” BBC Good Food.