Introducing a delicious Mexican-style dinner that’s quick and easy to make – Grilled Zucchini Bean Cheese Quesadilla! For this delicious dish, tortilla pockets are folded and filled with a delicious combination of aromatic vegetables, nutritious pinto beans, and irresistible melted cheddar cheese.
With every bite, you’ll experience the perfect balance of savory deliciousness and cheesy indulgence, making it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion. Whether you’re a vegetarian or just want to add more plant-based meals to your diet, this quesadilla recipe will undoubtedly satisfy your appetite.
Be amazed by the incredible flavors and textures that unfold in every delicious bite. You’ll keep coming back for more of these incredibly delicious and filling quesadillas that are sure to become a staple on your dinner menu. Get ready for a flavor-packed trip to Mexico without leaving your own kitchen!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 175g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 green chili pepper, finely chopped
- large handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
- In a skillet, sauté the onion in half the olive oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cumin and cook over low heat for 1 minute.
- Add tomato puree, pinto beans and a few tablespoons of water.
- Heat the mixture and mash it with the back of a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the zucchini slices in the remaining oil and season a little.
- Place the zucchini slices on a hot grill pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until tender and with a grill mark.
- Set the zucchini slices aside.
- Mix cheese, chili and coriander in a bowl.
- Spread the bean puree on half of the tortillas.
- Place on top of the cooked zucchini slices and sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
- Place the remaining tortillas on top and press them together.
- Cook the quesadillas in batches on the hot grill pan, turning carefully, for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan when cheese begins to melt and tortillas are crispy.
- Serve the quesadillas in wedges.
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
- frying pan
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Cheese (cheddar)
- Wheat (flour tortillas)
Please be sure to check ingredient labels to account for any specific dietary restrictions or allergies.
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftovers from this recipe, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should be consumed within 2-3 days.
Health Benefits of Grilled Zucchini, Beans and Cheese Quesadilla
The Grilled Zucchini Bean and Cheese Quesadilla is not only delicious and easy to make, but it also offers several health benefits. This recipe combines the benefits of vegetables, legumes and cheese into a healthy and filling meal. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of the main ingredients of this nutritious dish:
Zucchini, also known as zucchini, is low in calories and full of essential nutrients. They are an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion, prevents constipation, and supports a healthy weight. Zucchini is also rich in vitamins A and C, which contribute to a strong immune system and healthy skin.
2. Pinto beans
Pinto beans are a type of legume that offer a number of health benefits. They are an excellent source of plant-based protein, making them an ideal choice for vegetarians and vegans. Pinto beans are high in fiber and can help regulate blood sugar levels, improve digestion and promote a healthy heart.
3. Cheddar cheese
While cheese should be consumed in moderation due to its high fat content, the cheddar cheese used in this recipe provides a rich and creamy flavor. It is a good source of calcium that supports strong bones and teeth. In addition, cheddar cheese contains protein, vitamin B12 and zinc.
4. Green chili and coriander
The addition of green chili and cilantro not only adds flavor to the quesadilla but also provides health benefits. Green chili peppers contain capsaicin, a compound that can reduce inflammation, boost metabolism and improve heart health. Cilantro is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that aid digestion, fight inflammation, and may even have antimicrobial properties.
By combining these healthy ingredients, the Grilled Zucchini, Beans and Cheese Quesadilla offers a well-rounded meal that contains a range of essential nutrients. Whether you want to add more vegetables to your diet, increase your protein intake, or simply enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal, this recipe is a great choice. Try it and experience the health benefits first hand!