With our recipe for marinated grilled lamb chops you will experience a sensational taste explosion. The secret lies in our irresistible pomegranate molasses marinade, which creates a delicious stickiness that perfectly coats each lamb chop. Not only does this marinade provide a delicious texture, but it also gives the meat a unique, tangy flavor that will leave your taste buds wanting more. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply treating yourself to a special meal, our Grilled Marinated Lamb Chops will undoubtedly satisfy your appetite. Prepare to take your dining experience to a new level!
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Squeeze out ½ lemon and add the wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 4-6 lamb chops, depending on size
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
They are expensive pieces, but the tastiest and
tender. If you want to cut costs, use leg steaks or lamb chops.
- Mix pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, olive oil and chili powder in a bowl.
- Toss the lamb chops in the marinade mixture until evenly coated.
- Cover the lamb chops and let them marinate in a cool place for 2-3 hours.
- Heat grill to high when ready to cook.
- Remove the cutlets from the marinade and scrape the remaining marinade into a bowl.
- Mix the yogurt into the leftover marinade and add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Spread some of the yogurt-marinade mixture on both sides of the lamb chops.
- Place the lamb chops on the grill tray, making sure that it is about 5cm below the grill.
- Sear the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side, brushing with additional yogurt marinade as you turn them.
- The cutlets should be browned and starting to burn.
- Serve the grilled marinated lamb chops with lemon wedges.
Equipment and tools
To prepare grilled marinated lamb chops, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Grill or grill
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoon
This Grilled Marinated Lamb Chops recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (Greek yogurt)
Before consuming this dish, please ensure that you or your guests do not have any allergies or dietary restrictions related to these allergens.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from your grilled marinated lamb chops, follow these storage guidelines:
- Allow the cutlets to cool completely.
- Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The lamb chops can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you want to use up the leftovers, you can enjoy them cold or reheat them in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Grilled Marinated Lamb Chops
The combination of grilled marinated lamb chops with their tender meat and flavorful marinade not only creates a delicious dish but also offers various health benefits. From high protein content to essential vitamins and minerals, here are some reasons why adding grilled, marinated lamb chops to your diet can be beneficial:
1. High protein content
Lamb chops are an excellent source of protein, essential for the growth and repair of body tissues. A single schnitzel can provide a significant amount of protein, keeping you fuller for longer and supporting muscle recovery after exercise.
2. Essential amino acids
Lamb chops contain all the essential amino acids that the body needs but cannot produce itself. These amino acids play critical roles in various body functions, including building proteins, supporting immune function, and regulating hormone production.
3. Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is essential for red blood cell formation, DNA synthesis, and healthy nerve function. Grilled marinated lamb chops are an excellent source of vitamin B12 and are therefore a good choice for people on a vegetarian or vegan diet, as vitamin B12 is predominantly found in animal foods.
4. Rich in iron
Lamb chops are packed with iron, a mineral necessary for transporting oxygen in the body and preventing fatigue. Eating iron-rich foods like grilled, marinated lamb chops can help maintain healthy blood circulation and prevent iron deficiency anemia.
5. Omega-3 fatty acids
Although lamb is not as known for its omega-3 fatty acid content as fish, it still contains a small amount. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that contribute to heart health, brain function and reduce inflammation in the body.
6. Versatile cooking options
If you want to lower the price or prefer a different cut of lamb, leg steaks or lamb chops can be used as an alternative to the lamb chops in this recipe. These pieces also offer similar health benefits and can be marinated and grilled to perfection, making a delicious and nutritious meal.
Overall, grilled marinated lamb chops are not only a tasty and filling dish but also a nutritious addition to your diet. With their high protein content, essential amino acids, vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids, they offer a range of health benefits that support overall well-being.
Remember to always consume lamb in moderation and ensure it is cooked properly to avoid potential health risks.