This Grilled Ham, Egg and Seasoned Oven Chips recipe is a must for non-Muslims who want to make the most of their leftover homemade ham. Treat yourself to the delicious combination of grilled ham, perfectly cooked eggs and aromatic seasoned oven chips.
Not only does this recipe allow you to use up leftover ham, but it also provides a simple yet classic dinner option that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Enjoy the delicious mix of textures and flavors this dish brings to the table.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 thick slices of ham
- 2 eggs
- Tomato ketchup for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Cut the potatoes into rough pieces, put them in a pot of salted water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until slightly softened, then drain and allow to steam dry for a few minutes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil to a shallow baking tray and heat in the oven for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the chips with paprika, cayenne pepper and a little salt.
- Carefully place the chips in the hot oil and place the tray back in the oven to cook for 40 minutes. Turn them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Ten minutes before the chips are ready, heat a large grill pan.
- Cook the ham slices for 3 minutes on each side, until hot and showing grill marks on both sides.
- Place the ham slices on a plate to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan and fry the eggs as desired.
- Top each slice of ham with an egg and serve with the oven chips and ketchup if desired.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment:
- baking tray
- mixing bowl
- Fork or whisk
- Grill or frying pan
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- pork meat
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftovers from this recipe, be sure to store them properly. Here are some storage tips:
- Allow the grilled ham, egg, and seasoned oven chips to cool completely before storing.
- Place leftovers in an airtight container or cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place leftovers in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for about 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Grilled Ham, Egg and Seasoned Oven Chips
When it comes to a filling and tasty meal, Grilled Ham, Egg & Spiced Oven Chips is a delicious choice that not only pleases your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits. From the healthy potatoes to the protein-packed ham and eggs, this recipe provides nutritional value that will keep you energized and satisfied. Let’s explore some of the key health benefits of this delicious dish:
1. Nutrient-rich potatoes
The star of this recipe, the large baked potatoes, provide your body with a number of essential nutrients. Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, which boosts your immune system and promotes collagen production for healthy skin. They are also a good source of potassium, which plays an important role in maintaining healthy blood pressure. In addition, potatoes contain fiber, which promotes digestion and ensures a longer-lasting feeling of fullness.
2. Heart-Healthy Sunflower Oil
The sunflower oil used in this recipe offers numerous health benefits, especially for your heart. It is rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are considered good fats that help lower LDL cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the risk of heart disease. Sunflower oil also contains vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that protects your cells from free radical damage.
3. Metabolism-boosting spices
The addition of paprika and cayenne pepper not only gives the oven chips a delicious spice, but also offers potential metabolism-boosting benefits. These spices contain capsaicin, a compound known to stimulate metabolism and promote fat burning. Additionally, peppers are a good source of antioxidants, which help fight inflammation and protect against certain chronic diseases.
4. Protein-rich ham and eggs
The thick slices of ham and eggs in this recipe contribute a significant amount of high-quality protein to your diet. Protein is essential for tissue repair, muscle growth and general cellular function. It also helps keep you full by reducing snacking and promoting weight management. In addition, eggs are an excellent source of vitamins A, D, E and B12, as well as minerals such as iron and selenium.
5. Tomato ketchup – optional but nutritious
Tomato ketchup, while an optional addition, can provide a tangy flavor and some additional health benefits. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that may help reduce the risk of certain cancers and promote heart health. However, it is important to choose a ketchup with reduced sugar and sodium content to maximize its health benefits.
By enjoying the delicious combination of grilled ham, egg and seasoned oven chips, you will not only delight your taste buds but also provide your body with a range of essential nutrients. So treat yourself to this tasty and healthy dish and reap its numerous health benefits at the same time!