Brighten up any brunch with this delicious flavor combination! Our grilled cornbread is cooked to perfection with a slightly charred and crispy exterior. Garnished with spicy eggs, the spiciness of the eggs beautifully complements the sweetness of the cornbread. As a final touch, we add juicy cherry tomatoes for a touch of freshness and creamy slices of ripe avocado for a smooth and buttery texture. This dish is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and its bright colors and flavors are sure to impress your guests. Brighten up your brunch experience with this irresistible recipe!
- 400 g canned cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp golden powdered sugar
- a few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 2 eggs
- ½ thick green chili, thinly sliced (optional)
- small piece of butter, soft
- 1 small ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced (do this immediately before serving to avoid browning)
- 4 thick slices of cornbread (see recipe for this)
- a handful of coriander leaves for serving
- Heat a grill pan and a large frying pan.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and Tabasco to the pan and let it bubble for 10 minutes.
- Season and taste to check the spiciness, adding a dash of Tabasco if necessary.
- Make two gaps in the pan and crack the eggs into them.
- If necessary, sprinkle chili on top.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes until the whites are cooked through and the yolks are still runny (or to your liking).
- Meanwhile, butter the cornbread.
- Place cornbread, butter side down, on hot grill pan.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until dark grill marks appear.
- Top the cornbread with avocado and eggs.
- Spread around the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with coriander.
Equipment and tools
To make this Grilled Deviled Eggs and Avocado Cornbread recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- grill pan
- cutting board
- Butter knife
This Grilled Deviled Eggs and Avocado Cornbread recipe may contain the following allergens:
Before consuming, please ensure that you or your guests do not have any allergies or dietary restrictions to these ingredients.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers of this Grilled Deviled Eggs and Avocado Cornbread, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
To reheat, place the cornbread slices in a toaster oven or warm them in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven until heated through. Be sure to store the avocado separately and add it just before serving to avoid browning.
Health Benefits of Grilled Cornbread with Deviled Eggs and Avocado
Cornbread is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed in many ways. A particularly delicious variant is the grilled cornbread with stuffed eggs and avocado. Combining the richness of eggs, the creaminess of avocado, and the subtle flavors of cornbread, this dish will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide multiple health benefits.
1. Nutrient richness
The recipe contains eggs, which are a great source of high-quality protein. Eggs are also rich in essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, vitamin D and selenium. Avocado, on the other hand, is packed with healthy monounsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins C, E, K and B6 and folic acid.
2. Heart-healthy fats
The monounsaturated fats found in avocados have been linked to numerous health benefits, particularly for heart health. These fats have been shown to help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. Including avocado in your diet can help maintain a healthy heart.
3. Weight management
The combination of protein from eggs and fiber from cornbread and avocado can help you feel full and full. This can help control appetite and may be helpful in weight control. Including nutrient-dense foods like these in your meals can promote satiety and reduce the tendency to overeat.
4. Antioxidant power
The cherry tomatoes used in this recipe are not only flavorful but also rich in antioxidants. These antioxidants, like lycopene, have been linked to reducing the risk of chronic diseases, including certain types of cancer and heart disease. Including cherry tomatoes in your diet is a great way to increase your antioxidant intake.
Cornbread and avocado both provide a good amount of fiber. Fiber plays a crucial role in digestive health, promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation. Additionally, a high-fiber diet is associated with a lower risk of several health conditions, including heart disease, obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Overall, the Grilled Cornbread with Deviled Eggs and Avocado is not only a delicious but also a nutritious dish. Packed with essential nutrients, heart-healthy fats, and antioxidants, this recipe can be a useful addition to a balanced diet.