A vibrant twist on the traditional Spanish chilled soup, our Green Gazpacho recipe is a must-try. Full of refreshing flavors of green vegetables, fragrant herbs and creamy yogurt, this version will amaze your taste buds. But why stop there? Elevate your dining experience by adding beautiful edible flower ice cubes to create an exceptional presentation that is sure to impress your guests. Immerse yourself in this delightful blend of colors and flavors and discover a whole new level of gazpacho perfection.
- 100g bag of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- ½ green chili pepper, deseeded
- ½ small pack of parsley
- ½ small pack of basil
- ½ small pack of mint
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 4 spring onions, tip and tail included
- 200g natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil
- a handful of pea sprouts
- edible flowers, ice cubes for serving (see tip below)
Edible flower ice cubes
To make this chilled soup extra special, freeze edible petals and flowers such as viola, rose, borage, nasturtium and pansies in ice cubes. These will last up to 2 months in the freezer. You can also add them to cocktails.
- Place all ingredients except oil, pea shoots and ice cubes in a food processor.
- Add a good pinch of salt and pepper to the ingredients in the food processor.
- Pulse the ingredients in the food processor until well blended.
- Gradually add enough water to the mixture to create a soupy consistency.
- Taste the mixture and add a little more vinegar and spices if necessary.
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours or at least 2 hours.
- To serve, divide the chilled mixture into shallow soup bowls.
- Float a few ice cubes in each bowl to keep the soup cold.
- Add a pinch of pea shoots to the soup in each bowl.
- Drizzle some oil over the soup before serving.
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Blender or food processor
This green gazpacho recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (natural yogurt)
Please be sure to check the labels of all ingredients you use to ensure they do not contain allergens that you or your guests may be sensitive to.
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Stir well before serving to combine all the separated ingredients. The flavor may become more intense when standing, so you should adjust the seasoning before consumption. Enjoy it chilled straight from the fridge.
Health Benefits of Green Gazpacho
Green gazpacho, a chilled soup made primarily of vegetables and herbs, offers numerous health benefits. Packed with nutritious ingredients, this refreshing dish is not only delicious but also contributes to overall well-being.
One of the main ingredients of green gazpacho is baby spinach. Baby spinach is rich in vitamins A and C, iron and calcium and strengthens the immune system, promotes healthy skin and supports bone health.
Cucumber, a hydrating vegetable, is also an essential ingredient in this soup. Cucumbers are low in calories and high in water, making them great for hydration. They also provide vitamins K and C and antioxidants.
Green gazpacho contains a blend of herbs including parsley, basil and mint. These herbs not only enhance the flavor of the soup but also provide various health benefits. Parsley is an excellent source of vitamins K, C, and A, while basil and mint provide antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Adding avocado to green gazpacho adds creaminess and a dose of healthy fats. Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fats, which can help lower cholesterol and improve heart health. They are also a good source of vitamins E, K and C.
Natural yogurt gives the soup a tangy taste and a smooth consistency. It is a good source of probiotics, which promote a healthy gut by supporting the growth of beneficial bacteria. Probiotics can also promote digestion and strengthen the immune system.
Green gazpacho is flavored with sherry vinegar, which not only adds a unique flavor but also offers potential health benefits. It can aid digestion, control blood sugar levels and provide antioxidants.
Pea sprouts, used as a garnish for green gazpacho, are rich in vitamins A, C and K, as well as folic acid and fiber. They contribute to eye health and collagen production and support a healthy immune system.
Edible flower ice cubes
To make the chilled soup extra special, green gazpacho can be served with edible flower ice cubes. These beautiful ice cubes not only enhance the presentation, but also provide additional nutrients and antioxidants from flowers such as viola, rose, borage, nasturtium and pansies.