Treat yourself to the irresistible flavor combination of this goat cheese, spring onion and hazelnut tart. Delicate layers of crispy filo dough beautifully encase a delicious, creamy cheese filling, complemented by a spicy note of mustard and the refreshing crunch of spring onions. The crowning glory is a delicious nut topping, which provides a delicious texture and a nutty aroma. This tempting cake is perfect for any occasion, be it as an appetizer to impress your guests or as a delicious treat for yourself. Prepare to savor every bite of this delicious culinary creation.
- 4 large filo pastry sheets, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 9 thick spring onions, cut into 2½ cm long slices
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 250g crème fraîche
- 2 medium eggs
- 140 g soft goat cheese without rind, broken into pieces
- 25 g blanched hazelnuts, chopped
If you like, add a handful of peas
or broad beans along with spring
Onions. This pie feeds six; any cold
Leftovers are saved for lunch the next day.
- Place a baking tray in the oven and heat to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Brush the filo dough with 2 tablespoons of oil and use it to line a 23 cm round tart pan with a loose base.
- Place the sheets on top of each other at different angles so that the bottom and sides are well covered and allow the dough to fall over the sides.
- Put 1 more teaspoon of oil in a pan, add the spring onions, garlic and some spices and then fry for a few minutes to soften.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix mustard, crème fraîche and eggs. Season well.
- Spread half of the spring onion mixture and half of the goat cheese on the dough base.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top and top with the remaining cheese and green onions.
- Scatter the hazelnuts over the top, then fold in the excess dough and brush with the remaining oil.
- Bake the tart on the preheated baking tray for 25-30 minutes, until the filling is set and the dough is golden brown.
- Carefully remove from can before cutting.
Equipment and tools
To make this goat cheese, scallion and hazelnut tart you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Pastry brush
- frying pan
- mixing bowl
This goat cheese, scallion and hazelnut tart contains the following allergens:
- Gluten (contained in filo dough)
- Dairy products (found in crème fraîche and goat cheese)
Please be aware of these allergens if you or your guests have dietary restrictions or allergies.
Storage and leftovers
This goat cheese, scallion and hazelnut tart can be saved and enjoyed as leftovers. Here are some storage and reheating tips:
- Once the leftovers have cooled, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The tart can be reheated in the oven at 350°F (180°C) until heated through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Alternatively, enjoy it cold for a delicious lunch the next day.
Health Benefits of Goat Cheese, Spring Onion and Hazelnut Tart
Goat cheese, scallion and hazelnut tart not only offers a delicious culinary experience but also offers several health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients and explore how they contribute to your well-being.
Filo dough sheets
The filo pastry sheets used in this recipe are light and thin, making them a healthier alternative to traditional pastry options. They contain fewer calories and less fat and, when consumed in moderation, help maintain a healthier weight.
Using olive oil in the pie adds a touch of healthy fats. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, which are known to promote heart health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Not only do scallions add a refreshing taste to the tart, but they also provide a number of health benefits. They are a good source of vitamins A and C, which play an important role in supporting the immune system and maintaining healthy skin.
Garlic, known for its unique flavor, also offers numerous health benefits. It contains sulfur compounds that have been linked to reducing the risk of certain cancers and supporting cardiovascular health.
The small amount of Dijon mustard used in this tart adds to its tangy flavor. Mustard seeds contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can help protect against chronic diseases and promote overall well-being.
Crème fraîche, a type of thick cream, gives the cake a creamy and velvety texture. It contains probiotics that support intestinal health and aid digestion.
The soft goat cheese without rind gives the cake a special taste. Compared to other cheeses, it contains fewer calories and fat, making it a healthier choice. Goat cheese is also a good source of protein and important minerals such as calcium and phosphorus, which are necessary for strong bones and teeth.
Finally, the chopped hazelnuts sprinkled over the tart not only add a delicious crunch but also provide various health benefits. Hazelnuts are rich in healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants that promote heart health and contribute to a balanced diet.
By combining these nutritious ingredients, the Goat Cheese, Spring Onion and Hazelnut Tart creates a flavorful dish that supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Try this recipe today to enjoy a delicious treat while reaping the numerous health benefits it offers.