Treat yourself to the exquisite flavors of our delicious goat cheese, fennel and roasted pepper tart. The creamy goat cheese perfectly complements the sweetness of caramelized vegetables, while the paprika cream adds a touch of smoky richness. This irresistible tart is not only visually appealing, but also incredibly versatile – cut it into small, bite-sized pieces to add a delicious touch to your tapas spread. Delight your taste buds with this elegant and flavorful dish that is sure to impress your guests.
- 375 g sheet of puff pastry with pure butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 Romano pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 200 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 100g goat cheese
- 12 olives, pitted
- Caper berries, for serving (optional)
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin. Use to line a 20 x 3.5 cm deep loose-bottomed tart tin.
- Prick the base with a fork, cover and chill for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Line the dough with baking paper and fill with baking beans (or dried rice or beans).
- Place the pan on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the parchment and beans and cook for another 8-10 minutes until light biscuit color.
- Turn the oven down to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, fennel and pepper and cook until softened and beginning to caramelize, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Let cool down.
- Lightly whisk eggs, cream and milk.
- Add paprika and some spice.
- Place the vegetables in the tart pan and sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Pour the eggs over it and place the dish in the oven.
- Bake the tart for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and set.
- Let cool on a wire rack, then remove from the tin and cut into slices.
- Serve with scattered caper berries if desired.
- This can be eaten at room temperature or reheated later.
Equipment and tools
To make this goat cheese, fennel, and roasted red pepper tart, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- baking tray
- frying pan
- rolling pin
This Goat Cheese, Fennel and Roasted Pepper Tart contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (goat cheese, double cream, milk)
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftover from this goat cheese, fennel and roasted pepper tart, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge. The tart stays fresh for up to 3 days. When you are ready to eat it, you can reheat it in the oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Goat Cheese, Fennel and Roasted Pepper Tart
Goat cheese, fennel and roasted red pepper tart is a delicious and aromatic dish that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide several health benefits. This cake combines the creaminess of goat cheese, the sweetness of roasted red peppers and the unique taste of fennel for an unforgettable culinary experience. Let’s delve deeper into the health benefits of some key ingredients:
1. Goat cheese
Goat cheese, also called chèvre, is a nutritious and tasty alternative to cow’s milk cheese. It is a great source of protein and provides all the essential amino acids necessary for various body functions. Additionally, goat cheese is lower in lactose and contains smaller fat molecules compared to cow cheese, making it easier to digest for lactose-sensitive individuals. In addition, it is rich in essential nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus and vitamin A, which support healthy bones, teeth and vision.
Fennel, with its aromatic taste and crunchy texture, not only enhances the taste of this tart but also brings several health benefits. It is a good source of fiber, which aids digestion and promotes bowel movement regularity. Fennel also contains several vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, potassium and manganese, which support a strong immune system, regulate blood pressure and aid metabolism.
3. Roasted red pepper
Roasted red peppers not only give the pie a bright color, but also provide a number of important nutrients. These peppers are rich in antioxidants, including vitamin C and carotenoids, which help protect the body from harmful free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. They are also an excellent source of vitamin A, which supports healthy vision, and vitamin B6, which plays a crucial role in brain development and function.
4. Olive oil
Olive oil used to cook the tart and added in moderate amounts contributes to its rich flavor and provides numerous health benefits. It’s rich in monounsaturated fats, which are heart-healthy fats that can help reduce inflammation and lower the risk of cardiovascular disease. Olive oil also contains antioxidants that protect against oxidative stress and promote overall well-being.
By incorporating these nutritious ingredients into the Goat Cheese, Fennel and Roasted Pepper Tart, you can enjoy a delicious meal while reaping the health benefits. Whether you’re looking for a nutrient-dense dish or just want to treat yourself to a delicious treat, this tart offers a perfect balance of flavor and nutrients.