Add a burst of savory flavors to your kitchen with our irresistibly delicious Ginger Chicken Patties recipe. This Asian-inspired dish is easy to make – just combine tender chicken with aromatic spices, herbs, and spicy ginger. Form delicious mini burgers that are perfect for sharing. Not to mention, these delicious patties perfectly complement a generous portion of pasta, making it a healthy meal that will leave you satisfied. Packed with nutrients, this dish even contributes to your daily intake of five servings! So go ahead and indulge your taste buds with this tempting fusion of flavors.
- 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, chopped
- 4 spring onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 skinless chicken thighs and 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
- ½ small bunch of coriander, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300g egg noodles
- 250g pack of pan-fried vegetables
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- sweet chili sauce for serving
- Pulse garlic, ginger and scallions in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add chicken, cilantro, fish sauce and spices to food processor and pulse again until well blended.
- Using wet hands, shape the mixture into 12 patties.
- Bring water to the boil in a large pot and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet and fry the patties for 4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Remove the patties from the pan, cover and keep warm.
- Drain the noodles.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and add the vegetables. Cook over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the noodles and soy sauce to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes to heat everything through.
- Serve the noodles and chicken patties with chili sauce.
Equipment and tools
- food processor
- frying pan
This recipe contains fish sauce and soy sauce, which may contain allergens such as fish and soy. Please check sauce labels to ensure they meet your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They last up to 3 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving.
Health Benefits of Ginger Chicken Meatballs
Health Benefits of Ginger Chicken Meatballs
Ginger chicken meatballs are not only a delicious and flavorful meal but also offer several health benefits. Packed with nutritious ingredients, these patties offer a balanced combination of proteins, vitamins and minerals. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of some key ingredients used in this recipe:
Ginger, known for its distinctive taste, is not only a spice but also a medicinal herb. It has been used for centuries to aid digestion, relieve nausea, and reduce inflammation. Ginger is also rich in antioxidants, which can strengthen the immune system and protect the body from oxidative stress.
Garlic is not only a culinary delight, but also an ingredient with numerous health benefits. It contains compounds that can support a healthy immune system, lower blood pressure and improve heart health. Additionally, garlic possesses antibacterial and antiviral properties, making it a great ingredient for overall well-being.
Chicken is a lean source of protein, making it an ideal ingredient for anyone looking to maintain or build muscle mass. Protein is essential for various body functions, including tissue repair and the production of enzymes and hormones. Chicken also provides important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and selenium.
Cilantro, also known as cilantro, is an herb that adds freshness and flavor to dishes. It is an excellent source of vitamin K, which plays a crucial role in maintaining bone health and blood clotting. Cilantro is also rich in antioxidants and may have anti-inflammatory properties.
The roasted vegetables in this recipe provide a variety of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Vegetables like peppers, carrots and broccoli are low in calories but high in nutrients. They contribute to a balanced diet and can help support weight management, digestion and overall health.
Fish sauce made from fermented fish gives the ginger chicken meatballs a distinct umami flavor. It is a good source of minerals such as iodine and provides essential amino acids. However, it should be noted that fish sauce is high in sodium and should therefore be used in moderation, especially for those with high blood pressure or other health problems related to salt intake.
Egg noodles are a common accompaniment to Asian-inspired dishes like ginger chicken meatballs. They provide carbohydrates for energy and are a good source of fiber. Fiber supports digestion, promotes satiety and helps maintain stable blood sugar levels.
soy sauce and sweet chili sauce
Soy sauce and sweet chili sauce are condiments that enhance the flavor of the chicken patties. Although they add flavor, it’s important to note that they contain a lot of sodium, or sugar. When using these spices, moderation is key to maintaining a balanced diet.
Overall, ginger chicken meatballs offer a blend of delicious flavors and notable health benefits. Combining ingredients such as ginger, garlic, chicken, coriander and vegetables, this dish provides a range of nutrients and can be a great addition to a balanced diet.