Our Frozen Banana Peanut Butter Cheesecake is a great snack dessert that never fails to impress both kids and adults. Combining the creamy goodness of cheesecake with the irresistible flavors of banana and peanut butter, this dessert is a total crowd pleaser. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party, a family gathering, or just craving a sweet treat, this frozen treat will satisfy your cravings and leave everyone wanting more. So why wait? Try our frozen banana peanut butter cheesecake today and experience a dessert like no other!
- 3 small bananas
- 50g butter, melted
- 10 digestive biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 142 ml can of double cream
- 140g powdered sugar
- 400g tub of soft cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 237g crunchy peanut butter
- A few hours beforehand, place 2 bananas in the freezer until the peels turn black, then remove and thaw.
- Peel the thawed bananas and then mash them well. Set them aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix butter and cookies well.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch springform pan to form the cookie base.
- Whip the cream until it just holds its shape.
- In another bowl, stir together sugar, soft cheese, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the peanut butter to loosen it.
- Fold the cheese mixture into the peanut butter until well combined.
- Gently fold the mashed bananas into the cheese and peanut butter mixture.
- Add the whipped cream to the mixture and gently fold until fully incorporated.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the cookie base and smooth the top.
- Place the springform pan with the cheesecake mixture in the freezer for several hours or, ideally, overnight.
- To serve, remove the cake from the refrigerator and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cheesecake, then remove the sides of the pan.
- Slice the remaining banana and use it to decorate the top of the cheesecake.
Equipment and tools
- Food processor or blender
- 8-inch springform pan
- mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
This Frozen Banana Peanut Butter Cheesecake contains the following allergens:
- Peanuts (in peanut butter)
- Dairy products (in butter, double cream and soft cheese)
- Gluten (in the digestive biscuits)
Please ensure that these allergens are safe to consume according to your dietary needs and restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
This frozen banana peanut butter cheesecake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To store leftovers, cover the cake pan with plastic wrap or place the cheesecake in an airtight container. Enjoy leftovers within the recommended storage time for the best flavor and texture.
Health Benefits of Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Enjoying delicious desserts doesn’t always mean you have to sacrifice your health. One such guilt-free treat is the Frozen Banana & Peanut Butter Cheesecake. Not only does it satisfy your sweet cravings, but it also offers several health benefits.
1. Nutrient-rich bananas
The main ingredient of this cheesecake is small bananas, which are full of essential nutrients. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B6. Potassium helps maintain healthy heart health and supports healthy digestion, while vitamin C is an antioxidant that strengthens the immune system. In addition, vitamin B6 supports brain development and function.
2. Healthy fats from peanut butter
Peanut butter, a key ingredient in this cheesecake, provides a dose of healthy fats. These fats are primarily monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are associated with a reduced risk of heart disease. In addition, peanut butter offers a good amount of protein, fiber and important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin E, magnesium and potassium.
3. Digestive health with fiber
Using digestive biscuits and bananas in the crust of this cheesecake adds fiber to your diet. Digestive biscuits contain whole wheat flour, which is a rich source of fiber. Fiber plays a crucial role in maintaining healthy digestion by promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation.
4. High quality protein from soft cheese
Soft cheese, commonly found in cheesecakes, provides a source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for various body functions, including muscle repair, enzyme production and hormone synthesis. It also helps stabilize blood sugar levels and promote satiety, so you feel fuller for longer.
5. Nutrient boost from Double Cream
Although double cream may be considered a richer ingredient, it gives this cheesecake a nutritional boost. Double cream contains the vital vitamins A, D and E as well as calcium and phosphorus. These nutrients support bone health, improve vision and contribute to overall well-being.
With these health benefits in mind, you can enjoy frozen banana peanut butter cheesecake guilt-free. Remember: moderation is the key when enjoying a dessert, even if it is beneficial to your health.