Treat your taste buds to our irresistible Frozen Banana & Praline Parfait. This delicious dessert is the perfect end to any dinner party and is guaranteed to leave your guests speechless. Layers of creamy banana ice cream and crunchy praline create a heavenly combination of textures and flavors. And the best part? You can prepare it in advance and simply reveal its beauty on the evening of your meeting. Impress your friends and family with this stunning dish, elegantly presented to take your soirée to the next level. A truly unforgettable treat for everyone.
- 200g powdered sugar
- 100 g whole blanched hazelnuts
- Sunflower oil for greasing
- 2 ripe bananas (the peel should be very mottled but not bruised or black)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 300 ml cream
- 2 egg whites
- 100g powdered sugar
- 4 ripe but firm bananas
- 100g powdered sugar
As well as or instead of
Banana, you can add diced
candied fruits, sultanas and coarsely chopped pistachios or
Turn the almonds into the parfait
Process into a frozen nougat parfait.Store the parfait
You can usually keep it frozen
Place parfait in the freezer for a few
of weeks, but because you want to
to retain some crunch
Praline that gradually dissolves
It’s best to make one in the cream
maximum 1 week in advance.
- For the praline, put the sugar with 3 tablespoons of water in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Place the pan over low heat until the sugar dissolves and runs clear.
- Do not stir the sugar or it will crystallize.
- Increase the heat and let the sugar bubble to a dark caramel, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the nuts.
- Transfer the mixture to a lightly greased, nonstick baking sheet.
- Distribute the mixture evenly and let it cool.
- Break the cold praline into pieces.
- Using the end of a rolling pin, smash the praline until it is reasonably well chopped.
- If necessary, chop the praline in a food processor until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Line a 1.2 liter loaf pan with a strip of baking paper.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with half the lemon juice to a coarse puree.
- Set the banana mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it holds its shape but is still slightly soft.
- In another clean bowl, beat the egg whites with a squeeze of lemon juice until stiff.
- Slowly add the sugar to the egg whites until a stiff, shiny meringue forms.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream and meringue.
- Add the banana puree and most of the praline (reserve 4 tablespoons for serving) to the cream-meringue mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, smooth the top and let it freeze until solid, preferably overnight.
- To serve, remove the parfait from the freezer 10 minutes before serving and let it soften slightly in the refrigerator.
- Slice the bananas diagonally, leaving 3 slices per serving.
- Place the banana slices on a baking sheet on a wooden board and sprinkle generously with sugar.
- Caramelize the banana slices with a blowtorch and then set them aside.
- If a blowtorch is not available, place the sugar-coated banana slices in a hot, dry skillet and fry until caramelized.
- Sprinkle a fine line of praline off-center on each plate.
- Arrange the caramelized banana slices at opposite angles on the plate.
- Remove the parfait from the mold, neaten the sides with a preheated knife and cut into finger-thick slices.
- Place a slice of parfait on the opposite side of the plate from the banana slices.
- Serve immediately.
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Blender or food processor
- mixing bowl
- Electric whisk or stand mixer
- Greased loaf tin or parfait tin
- Cling film or foil
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (double cream)
Please ensure that anyone consuming this parfait is aware of these allergens and their potential effects.
Storage and leftovers
The frozen banana praline parfait can be stored in the freezer for up to a few weeks. However, it is best to make the praline a maximum of a week in advance so that the praline still retains some bite. To save, do the following:
- Remove the parfait from the loaf pan or parfait pan.
- Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to protect it from freezer burn.
- Put it back in the freezer.
When you’re ready to serve it, simply remove the parfait from the freezer, let it soften for a few minutes, then cut it into desired portions.
Health Benefits of Frozen Banana and Praline Parfait
The Frozen Banana & Praline Parfait is not only a delicious frozen dessert but also offers several health benefits. Let’s take a look at some of the key ingredients and how they contribute to your well-being:
Bananas are an excellent source of important vitamins and minerals. They contain high levels of potassium, which supports heart health and helps regulate blood pressure. Bananas are also rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 and fiber, which promotes better digestion and strengthens the immune system. Additionally, the natural sugars in bananas provide a quick energy boost, making them an ideal ingredient for a sweet treat like this parfait.
Whole blanched hazelnuts not only add a delicious crunch to the Frozen Banana & Praline Parfait, but also provide various health benefits. Hazelnuts are full of healthy fats, such as monounsaturated fats, which are known to be heart-healthy. They also contain a good amount of vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant and protects cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals.
Although double cream is a rich and beneficial ingredient, it can still provide some health benefits when consumed in moderation. It is a good source of calcium, essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth. Additionally, cream contains healthy fats that provide a feeling of satiety, which can help control appetite and prevent overeating.
The recipe calls for egg whites that are low in calories and fat, but high in protein. Protein is essential for muscle growth and repair and can also help with weight control by promoting satiety. Protein is also a good source of vitamins such as riboflavin and selenium, which have various benefits for the body, including improved metabolism and thyroid function.
Praline made from caramelized sugar and roasted hazelnuts gives the parfait a wonderful sweetness and texture. While praline should be enjoyed in moderation due to its high sugar content, the small amount in this recipe provides a burst of flavor without adding excessive calories. The hazelnuts in the praline also contribute to the previously mentioned health benefits such as: B. heart health and antioxidant properties.
In summary, the Frozen Banana & Praline Parfait not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also offers several health benefits. From the potassium-rich bananas to the heart-healthy hazelnuts to the protein-rich egg whites, this dessert can be enjoyed as a guilt-free treat. However, due to the cream and sugar content, it is important to consume it in moderation. So treat yourself to a bowl of frozen banana praline parfait knowing that you are treating yourself to a delicious dessert with beneficial properties.