Want to impress your guests with a stunning dish at your next dinner party? Then our delicious Roast Chicken and Sticky Carrots recipe is perfect for you. This delicious combination promises to be an absolute hit at the dinner table and amaze your guests. The best part? Only minimal effort is required on your part, so you can enjoy the evening with your friends and loved ones. Prepare to enjoy tender, juicy roast chicken with sticky, caramelized carrots – a truly unforgettable dining experience in the comfort of your own home.
- 2 bunches of carrots
- 1.8 kg free range chicken
- 1 lemon
- clove of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 85g butter, softened
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 sprig of bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cut the leaves off the carrots.
- Scrub the carrots if they are mushy, but leave them whole.
- Place them in a roasting tray that fits snugly over the carrots with the chicken on top.
- Halve the lemon and finely chop two of the garlic cloves.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the carrots and then add the minced garlic, cumin seeds, honey, half the butter, plenty of pepper and a little salt.
- Pluck the leaves from the parsley and set aside.
- Push the parsley stalks, lemon halves, remaining garlic and bay leaf into the cavity of the chicken and season with plenty of pepper and salt to taste.
- Place the chicken directly on top of the carrots and brush the breast with the remaining butter.
- Roast the chicken for 30 minutes until it begins to brown, then remove from the oven.
- Lift the chicken onto a board and stir the carrots well to make sure they are completely covered in the juices.
- Place the chicken back on the roasting plate, drizzle the breast with the pan juices, and roast for another 40-50 minutes until fully cooked through.
- Lift the chicken onto a board and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, roughly chop the reserved parsley leaves.
- A few minutes before serving, let the carrots sizzle over low heat and then stir the parsley into the carrots.
- To serve, either place the chicken back on top or serve the chicken and carrots separately.
Equipment and tools
To prepare and prepare the Roast Chicken and Sticky Carrots recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Roasting tray
- Sharp knife
- Big pot
- measuring spoon
- Basting brush
- Aluminum foil
The Roast Chicken and Sticky Carrots recipe may contain the following allergens:
- No known allergens
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover rotisserie chicken and sticky carrots, you can follow these storage guidelines:
- Allow the chicken and carrots to cool completely before storing.
- Place chicken and carrots separately in airtight containers.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place desired amount in an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for 15-20 minutes.
Health Benefits of Roast Chicken and Sticky Carrots
When it comes to classic comfort food, there’s hardly a dish that tastes as good as roast chicken with sticky carrots. Not only is this dish incredibly flavorful and filling, but it also offers several health benefits that make it a great choice for nourishing your body. Let’s take a closer look at some of the health benefits this delicious recipe has to offer:
1. Rich in protein
The main ingredient in this dish, free-range chicken, is an excellent source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting immune function, and producing enzymes and hormones in the body. Consuming an adequate amount of protein is crucial for maintaining muscle mass and promoting satiety, which is why this roast chicken is an excellent option for a protein-rich meal.
2. Rich in vitamins and minerals
Carrots, a key ingredient in this recipe, are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. They contain a particularly high amount of beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that the body converts into vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for maintaining healthy vision, supporting immune function and promoting skin health. Carrots also provide other beneficial nutrients such as vitamin K, vitamin C and potassium.
3. Strengthens the immune system
Both chicken and carrots contain nutrients that support a healthy immune system. Chicken is a good source of zinc, which plays an important role in immune function and wound healing. Carrots, on the other hand, are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C and beta-carotene, which strengthen the immune system and protect against harmful free radicals.
4. Supports heart health
Did you know that fried chicken with sticky carrots can also contribute to a healthy heart? Chicken is a lean source of protein low in saturated fat, making it a heart-healthy protein choice. Additionally, carrots contain fiber and heart-protecting antioxidants that may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
5. Provides antioxidant benefits
The cumin seeds and garlic used in this recipe provide more than just flavor; They also bring numerous health benefits. Cumin seeds are rich in antioxidants that help fight inflammation and protect against disease. Garlic is known for its powerful antioxidant properties, which promote heart health and may reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Overall, fried chicken with sticky carrots is a delicious and nutritious dish that offers a number of health benefits for your body. From providing high-quality proteins to supporting your immune system and heart health, this recipe is a fantastic choice for a healthy and filling meal.