Enhance a broccoli side dish with this delicious Chinese stir-fry. Made with fresh broccoli and crunchy cashews, this dish is bursting with flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. The combination of tender broccoli, nutty cashews and savory oyster sauce creates a perfect balance of textures and flavors. Not only does this recipe add a delicious crunch to your meal, but it is also packed with vitamin C, giving you a healthy and nutritious alternative. Whip up this delicious Stir-Fried Broccoli with Cashews and Oyster Sauce and discover a delicious new way to enjoy this versatile vegetable.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100 g roasted, unsalted cashews
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce or more to your taste
- Heat some oil in a wok and roast the cashews until they start to turn golden brown.
- Remove the cashews from the pan and add the remaining oil.
- Stir-fry the broccoli until bright green, 2-3 minutes. At this point it will still be very solid.
- Add a splash of water to the pan, then cover with a lid and steam for about 4 minutes. The broccoli stalks should just give when pierced with a knife.
- Push the broccoli to one side of the pan and then pour the oyster sauce onto the other side.
- Bring the oyster sauce to the boil and then stir into the broccoli.
- Fold in the roasted cashews.
- Serve the fried broccoli with cashews and oyster sauce.
Equipment and tools
- Wok or large frying pan
- Spatula or tongs
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Oyster sauce
Please be sure to check the specific brands of these ingredients for possible cross-contamination or variations in allergens.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers of the Fried Broccoli with Cashews and Oyster Sauce, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply heat leftovers in the microwave or a skillet until warmed through. Add a splash of water if necessary to prevent drying out.
However, it is best to consume the dish fresh to enjoy its full flavor and texture.
Health Benefits of Fried Broccoli with Cashews and Oyster Sauce
Broccoli is a widely recognized superfood due to its rich nutrient profile and potential health benefits. When combined with roasted cashews and oyster sauce in a pan, it not only becomes a delicious and filling dish, but also provides several important nutrients that support overall well-being.
Packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, broccoli is a nutritional powerhouse. The small florets used in this recipe retain most of their nutritional value, making them an excellent addition to a healthy diet.
1. Rich in Antioxidants: Broccoli contains various antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, selenium and sulforaphane, which help protect the body from harmful free radicals and oxidative stress. These antioxidants help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers.
2. Immune boosting: The high vitamin C content in broccoli is known to support the immune system and improve its function. It supports the production of collagen, which plays a crucial role in wound healing and maintaining healthy skin.
3. Bone Health: Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamin K, calcium and magnesium, all of which are essential for strong and healthy bones. Eating broccoli regularly can help reduce the risk of osteoporosis and improve overall bone density.
Crunchy cashew nuts
Not only are cashews a delicious snack to munch on, but they also offer health benefits when incorporated into such stir-fries. Here’s why you’ll love adding them to your broccoli stir-fry:
1. Heart Healthy Fats: Cashews contain a good amount of monounsaturated fats, including oleic acid, which have been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease. These healthy fats help maintain optimal cholesterol levels and reduce harmful LDL cholesterol levels.
2. Nutrient Rich: Cashews provide important nutrients such as magnesium, zinc, phosphorus and copper. Magnesium supports bone health and helps produce energy, while copper contributes to the formation of red blood cells.
3. Plant Protein: With around 5 grams of plant-based protein per ounce, cashews are a valuable source of protein, especially for vegetarians and vegans. Protein is essential for various body functions, including muscle growth and tissue repair.
Tons of oyster sauce
The oyster sauce used in this recipe not only adds delicious flavor, but also offers some potential health benefits:
1. Source of iron: Oyster sauce contains a significant amount of iron, a vital mineral involved in the production of red blood cells. Adequate iron intake prevents anemia and supports general energy levels.
2. Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Oyster sauce contains several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, vitamin B12, zinc and calcium. These nutrients play a crucial role in supporting optimal body functions and maintaining good health.
3. Umami Taste: The umami flavor of oyster sauce improves the taste of dishes and effectively enhances various recipes, including fried broccoli. By adding a small amount of oyster sauce, you can create a tasty and filling meal without excessive sodium.
Combining nutrient-dense broccoli, crunchy cashews, and flavorful oyster sauce, this stir-fried dish is a delicious way to boost your health while tantalizing your taste buds.