Looking for a delicious and filling meal to add to your recipe repertoire? Look no further than our Spicy Fried Beef with Hoisin Sauce. This dish is not only quick and easy to prepare, but also incredibly healthy. Tender strips of beef are fried to perfection with a delicious hoisin sauce, creating a delicious blend of savory flavors. Whether you are a busy professional or a culinary enthusiast, this recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and keep you coming back for more. Try it today and experience a delicious combination of comfort and nutrition.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger root (or fresh ginger paste in a jar)
- 200g lean sirloin steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large carrot, cut into strips
- 100g sugar peas, halved lengthwise
- 140g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Chinese noodles for serving
- Mix soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a shallow bowl.
- Add the steak and let marinate for about 20 minutes (or longer if you have time).
- Heat a large heavy-based frying pan or wok.
- Add the sesame seeds and roast over high heat for a few minutes until golden brown, stirring. Tip onto a plate.
- When ready to cook, heat the sunflower oil in a large skillet or wok until hot.
- Add the steak with the marinade and cook, stirring, over high heat for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove the steak to a plate with a slotted spoon, leaving the pan juices in the pan.
- Add the carrots to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the snap peas and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place the steak back in the pan.
- Add the mushrooms and mix everything together.
- Add the hoisin sauce and stir-fry for a final minute.
- Sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Equipment and tools
To make this stir-fried beef with hoisin sauce, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A wok or large frying pan
- A knife for cutting the steak and chopping garlic and ginger
- A grater or garlic mincer
- A cutting board
- A spatula or tongs for stirring and turning the ingredients
- A small bowl for mixing the sauce
- A serving plate or bowl
This Stir-Fried Beef with Hoisin Sauce recipe contains the following allergens:
- soy sauce
- Chinese wheat-based noodles (if using)
Please check the specific brand of soy sauce and noodles you use as some may contain gluten or other allergens. If you have allergies or dietary restrictions, be sure to select appropriate ingredients and double-check labels.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover stir-fried beef with hoisin sauce, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is best to use them within 2-3 days. When reheating, make sure to heat it thoroughly until it is piping hot.
If you made extra sauce and pasta, store it separately from the cooked beef and vegetables. The sauce can be stored in a sealed jar or container in the refrigerator, while the pasta should be stored in a separate airtight container.
Please note that the consistency and quality of the leftovers may change slightly when reheating, but the dish should still be enjoyable!
Health Benefits of Fried Beef with Hoisin Sauce
Stir-fried Beef with Hoisin Sauce is a delicious and popular dish that combines tender slices of lean sirloin steak with a flavorful sauce and a selection of fresh vegetables. Not only is it a delicious treat for your taste buds but it also offers several health benefits. This article is about the nutritional value of this dish and how it can contribute to a balanced and healthy diet.
Lean sirloin steaks
The main source of protein in this recipe is lean sirloin steaks. These cuts of beef are known to be low in fat and rich in essential nutrients like iron, zinc and vitamin B12. Iron is essential for healthy red blood cells and oxygen transport, while zinc plays a crucial role in immune function and wound healing. Vitamin B12 is necessary for nervous system health and red blood cell production.
The stir-fry also contains a colorful mix of fresh vegetables, including carrots, snow peas and mushrooms. Carrots are packed with beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant that can protect your body from free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Sugar peas or snow peas are an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and promotes healthy bowel movements. Mushrooms, on the other hand, are low in calories and provide important vitamins and minerals such as riboflavin, niacin and potassium.
The star of the show, hoisin sauce, gives the dish an irresistibly sweet and savory taste. Although it’s important to consume hoisin sauce in moderation due to its high sodium content, it also has some health benefits. Hoisin sauce usually contains ingredients like soybean paste, garlic, and vinegar. Garlic has been shown to have antibacterial and antiviral properties and may even help lower blood pressure. Soybean paste is a plant-based protein source and contains essential amino acids.
Stir-fried beef with hoisin sauce is not only a treat for your taste buds but also a nutritious addition to your diet. The lean sirloin steaks provide high-quality protein and important nutrients, while the fresh vegetables provide vitamins, minerals and fiber. Eating this dish in moderation will allow you to enjoy a tasty meal while maintaining a balanced and healthy eating plan.