An all-round winner – Vitamin D, Omega 3 and 1 of your 5-day fatty acids, it’s even easy to make. Fresh tuna tortillas are not only healthy and full of important nutrients, but also incredibly delicious. This recipe takes your taste buds on a flavor journey, combining the juicy taste of fresh tuna with the perfect blend of spices and toppings. With its rich source of vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids, it is a great option for anyone looking for a nutritious meal. Plus, it’s quick and easy to prepare, making it a practical dish for any occasion. Try it and let yourself be pampered by the deliciousness!
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 large tuna steaks
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 soft tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Juice 1 lime
- a handful of coriander, chopped
- Sour cream for serving (optional)
Oily fish like salmon and trout contain a lot
EPA levels, an omega-3 fatty acid that is beneficial
Conditions such as arthritis and eczema. Oily fish
are also an excellent source of vitamin D, the
is important for bone health and immunity.
- Rub each steak with oil and then sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Heat a grill pan until hot, then cook the steaks on one side for 2 minutes.
- Turn and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Cut the steaks into strips.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds until soft.
- Layer tuna, avocado and tomatoes on each tortilla.
- Squeeze lime juice over the filling.
- Sprinkle the filling with coriander.
- If desired, add a dollop of sour cream to each tortilla.
- Roll up the tortillas.
- Eat and enjoy!
Equipment and tools
To prepare the fresh tuna tortillas you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Non-stick frying pan
- cutting board
- Citrus press
Please note the following allergens in this recipe:
- Fish (tuna)
- Gluten (tortillas)
- Dairy products (sour cream, if using)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from the fresh tuna tortillas, follow these storage tips:
- Allow the cooked tuna and tortillas to cool completely.
- Store tuna and tortillas separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- The tuna can be stored for up to 3 days, while the tortillas are best eaten within 2 days.
- When you’re ready to eat it, reheat the tuna in a skillet until warmed through.
- Arrange the tortillas with the warmed tuna and fresh toppings.
By storing the tuna and tortillas separately, you can easily enjoy the tortillas with other fillings or toppings.
Healthy Benefits of Fresh Tuna Tortillas
Oily fish like tuna contain high levels of EPA, an omega-3 fatty acid that offers numerous health benefits. This makes fresh tuna tortillas a delicious and nutritious choice for your meal.
One of the significant health benefits of eating oily fish is its potential relief from conditions such as arthritis and eczema. EPA, found abundantly in fresh tuna, has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body. This can be particularly beneficial for people with arthritis and can reduce joint pain and stiffness.
In addition to its anti-inflammatory properties, fresh tuna is also an excellent source of vitamin D. This essential vitamin plays an important role in maintaining bone health and supporting a strong immune system. Regular consumption of tuna, such as in fresh tuna tortillas, can help promote strong bones and improve overall immunity.