Introducing our delicious feta-crusted lamb with rich tomato sauce, a culinary masterpiece that will take your taste buds on a delicious journey. Watch as the juicy lamb is seared to perfection, creating a tantalizing crust adorned with heavenly nuggets of creamy feta. When baked, the feta melts elegantly into a strong tomato sauce, enriched with the aromatic essence of garlic. The result is a harmonious symphony of flavors that leaves you wanting more. Prepare for a truly unforgettable dining experience.
- 7 or 8 bone rack of lamb, trimmed of fat and then cut into two racks of lamb
- a few sprigs of thyme, left whole, plus additional sprigs for serving
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus some for frying and drizzling
- Zest of half a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 20g package flat-leaf parsley
- 1 fat or 2 regular garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g canned cherry tomatoes
- 50 g feta cheese, finely crumbled
- Zest of half a lemon
- a pinch of dried oregano
- ½ slice of white bread (use day-old bread if possible), crumbled into crumbs
Simple pilaf with buttered onions
Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a saucepan and add
1 onion thinly sliced, cover and fry lightly
Let it simmer for 10 minutes until it is soft but not yet discolored. Remove the lid, stir in 140 g rice (rinse in cold water first) and cook
Simmer for 1-2 minutes, add 500ml chicken or lamb stock and then season. Stir, cover and then cook gently for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and leave covered,
Simmer for 10 minutes (or up to 30 minutes), then fluff the grains
with a fork. They should be tender and buttery and the onions very soft.Lemon green
Remove any thicker stems from one head
Spring greens or ½ savoy cabbage,
Then roughly chop the leaves. Bring in
bring a large pot of salted water to the boil,
Add the vegetables and then cook for 3 minutes
or until it is just tender and alive. drain,
Then mix with a squeeze of lemon
Juice, a little olive oil and plenty
- Marinate the racks of lamb in a non-metal bowl with thyme, oil, lemon zest, garlic and half the oregano.
- Rub the lamb with the marinated mixture and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- If you want to cook the lamb within an hour, leave it at room temperature and not in the refrigerator.
- For the sauce, finely chop the parsley stalks.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet or wide casserole dish and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the garlic and parsley stalks to the pan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and remaining oregano to the pan and simmer until zesty, 5 minutes.
- Crush the cherry tomatoes with a wooden spoon to release the juice and seeds.
- Roughly chop the parsley leaves and add half of them to the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/fan 210°C/gas 8.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining parsley leaves, feta, zest, oregano and breadcrumbs to form a crust.
- When ready to cook the lamb, leave most of the marinade on the meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Press crust onto one side of each piece of lamb.
- Place racks in sauce, crust side up.
- Add the thyme sprigs from the marinade to the lamb and sauce and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Fry the lamb uncovered in the sauce for 20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the sauce has thickened.
- Allow the lamb to rest, loosely covered, for 10 minutes to prevent the crust from becoming soggy.
- Cut the lamb meat between the individual bones to make cutlets.
- Serve the crusted cutlets with a spoonful of the roasted tomato sauce.
- Garnish with thyme.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- cutting board
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
- frying pan
- food processor
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Milk (feta cheese)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from this recipe, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
The health benefits of feta-crusted lamb with rich tomato sauce
Lamb is a delicious and versatile meat that is full of essential nutrients. Combined with feta cheese, tomatoes and aromatic herbs, it creates a delicious dish that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide numerous health benefits. In this article section, we explore the nutritional benefits of feta-crusted lamb with rich tomato sauce and how it can contribute to your overall well-being.
1. High quality protein
Lamb is an excellent source of high-quality protein, which is essential for the growth, repair and maintenance of body tissue. Protein plays a crucial role in building and maintaining strong muscles, supporting a healthy immune system, and regulating various body functions.
2. Useful fats
Although lamb contains some fat, it is predominantly composed of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, including omega-3 fatty acids. These healthy fats have been linked to numerous health benefits, such as reducing inflammation, improving heart health, and supporting brain function.
3. Rich in vitamins and minerals
Lamb meat is rich in essential vitamins and minerals that are crucial for overall health. It is particularly rich in vitamin B12, which is necessary for red blood cell production and a healthy nervous system. Additionally, lamb meat provides significant amounts of iron, zinc, selenium and phosphorus, all of which play crucial roles in various body functions.
4. Antioxidant-rich tomatoes
The rich tomato sauce that accompanies the feta-crusted lamb contains a wealth of antioxidants, mostly from the tomatoes. Tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that has been linked to a reduced risk of certain cancers, heart disease and age-related macular degeneration.
5. Nutrient-rich herbs
Using thyme and oregano in this recipe not only adds flavor but also provides a number of health benefits. Thyme is rich in antioxidants and is traditionally used for its anti-inflammatory properties. Oregano is known for its antimicrobial properties and is a good source of vitamins and minerals.
6. Calcium-rich feta cheese
Feta cheese, crumbled and used as a crust for lamb, is an excellent source of calcium. Calcium is important for healthy bones and teeth as well as optimal nerve and muscle function. It also plays a role in blood clotting and regulating blood pressure.
7. Nutrient-rich greens
The recipe suggests serving the lamb with lemony vegetables like spring greens or savoy cabbage. This leafy vegetable is low in calories but rich in fiber, vitamins A, C and K, and various minerals. They contribute to a balanced meal and promote digestive health.
In summary, the feta-crusted lamb with rich tomato sauce not only offers a delicious culinary experience but also offers several health benefits. From the high-quality protein in lamb to antioxidant-rich tomatoes and nutrient-dense herbs, this dish is a nutritious addition to a balanced diet. By incorporating this recipe into your culinary repertoire, you can enjoy a tasty meal while promoting your overall well-being.
(Note: This article is for an HTML document only and does not contain a conclusion.)