We love individual puddings, they give an occasion that certain something. And these great little meringues are definitely a pudding for special occasions.
These delicious Eton Mess stacks are a perfect combination of crunchy meringue, delicious whipped cream and tangy summer berries. Every bite is an explosion of flavors and textures that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
Whether you’re hosting a fancy dinner party or just treating yourself to a sweet treat, these Eton mess stacks are sure to impress. With their elegant presentation and delicious taste, they are guaranteed to be the highlight of any dessert menu.
So why wait for a special occasion? Treat yourself and your loved ones to these delicious bites of heaven. Let yourself be enchanted by the magic of Eton Mess stacks and create wonderful memories, dessert after dessert.
- 1 egg white
- 350g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- some oil for greasing
- 142 ml pot of double cream
- Juice 1?2 lemon
- 250g punnet of raspberries
“These meringues aren’t quite the same as those
classic, but it only takes a few seconds to make
a few more seconds to cook’
- Lightly whisk the egg whites, then stir in the powdered sugar and cardamom until you have a firm fondant icing.
- Roll the icing into 8 golf ball-sized balls (you probably won’t need all of it).
- Place two balls on opposite ends of a greased piece of baking paper.
- Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds until quadrupled in size.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then remove the paper and repeat the process until all the balls are cooked.
- Whip the cream with half the lemon juice.
- Crush half of the raspberries and then fold them into the cream.
- To serve, place a small dollop of raspberry cream on each plate.
- Stack a meringue with a little more cream and then place another meringue on top.
- Add more cream on top and then top with a few whole raspberries.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Eton Mess Stacks
Equipment and tools
– Mixing bowl
– Electric mixer
– baking paper
– Spoon or spatula
– Serving plates or bowls
Contains: Egg, dairy products
Please note that this recipe may contain allergens. It is important to check the packaging of all ingredients used to ensure they are suitable for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
– Store leftover stacks of Eton knives in an airtight container in the fridge. Best consumed within 1-2 days.
– If you have more meringue than cream and raspberries, you can store the excess meringue in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
– To serve leftovers, simply reassemble the stacks with fresh cream and raspberries.
Health Benefits of Eton Mess Stacks
Eton Mess Stacks are a delicious dessert that not only tantalizes the taste buds but also offers several health benefits. Made from a combination of meringue, cream, raspberries and a hint of cardamom, this treat is more than just a secret treat. Below are some of the health benefits that can come from consuming Eton Mess Stacks:
1. Little fat
One of the advantages of Eton Mess Stacks is its relatively low fat content. The meringue used in this recipe is made from egg whites, which are naturally low in fat. Using egg whites instead of whole eggs makes the dish a healthier alternative for those watching their fat intake.
2. Rich in antioxidants
Raspberries, a key ingredient in Eton Mess Stacks, contain a wealth of antioxidants. These powerful compounds help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer. Including raspberries in your dessert can be a delicious way to boost your antioxidant intake.
3. Good source of vitamin C
Lemons, particularly the juice used in this recipe, are known for their high vitamin C content. Vitamin C is essential for a healthy immune system and plays a role in collagen formation, wound healing and iron absorption. Including lemon juice in your Eton Mess stacks can help meet your daily vitamin C needs.
4. Cardamom – a digestive aid
The addition of crushed cardamom seeds in this recipe not only provides a unique flavor but also offers potential digestive benefits. Cardamom is traditionally used to aid digestion, relieve gas, and reduce bloating. Enjoying Eton Mess Stacks with cardamom can aid digestion after a filling meal.
In summary, Eton Mess Stacks not only satisfy your dessert cravings but also provide a number of health benefits. The low-fat meringue, antioxidant-rich raspberries, vitamin C-rich lemon juice, and digestive-boosting cardamom combine to create a dessert that’s as healthy as it is indulgent. Treat yourself to the delicious flavors of Eton Mess Stacks while reaping the nutritional benefits they have to offer!