Want to add some excitement to your dining experience? Then our delicious eggplant and hummus grills are just right for you! Juicy eggplant is the star of this delicious vegetarian dish, creating a sensational, flavorful dish that will satisfy even the most discerning palate.
The perfectly grilled eggplants are then generously coated with our homemade hummus, which adds a creamy and tangy touch to every bite. With its rich texture and delicious blend of flavors, this dish is sure to become a new favorite!
Whether you’re an avid vegetarian or just want to explore new culinary horizons, our eggplant and hummus grills are the ideal choice for a healthy and satisfying meal. Try it tonight and discover a whole new world of delicious possibilities!
- 2 eggplants, cut lengthwise into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus a little oil for brushing
- 3 slices of black or white bread, crust removed
- 300g can of hummus
- 100g walnuts, roasted
- half an 80g pack of flat-leaf parsley, leaves coarsely chopped
- 200g pack of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Juice ½ lemon
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- Place the eggplant in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Brush the eggplant slices sparingly with vegetable oil.
- Season the eggplant slices generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill the eggplant slices for 15 minutes, turning twice and brushing with oil, until soft and cooked through.
- Grind the bread into crumbs using a blender or food processor.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil to the breadcrumbs and stir again briefly until everything is coated.
- Spread a few teaspoons of hummus on each eggplant slice.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a large plate.
- Press the hummus side of the eggplant into the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Grill the eggplants again, crumb side up, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Place walnuts, parsley and cherry tomatoes in a bowl.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil to the salad and mix again.
- Serve the grilled pieces with the salad, a dollop of hummus and some pita bread.
Equipment and tools
To prepare eggplant and hummus grilled dishes, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Grill pan or grill
- Pastry brush
- Toaster or grill
- frying pan
- Food processor or blender
The grilled eggplant and hummus recipe contains the following allergens:
- Nuts (walnuts)
Please ensure that you or anyone consuming the dish is not allergic to these ingredients.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover eggplant and hummus grills, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
To reheat leftovers, place them in the preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
It is not recommended to freeze this dish as it may affect the texture and taste of the ingredients.
Health Benefits of Eggplant and Hummus Grilled Food
Grilled eggplant and hummus dishes not only delight your taste buds but also provide a number of health benefits. Packed with vegetables, nuts and healthy fats, this dish is a nutritious addition to your diet. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of each ingredient:
Eggplant, also known as eggplant, is a low-calorie vegetable that is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. They are a good source of antioxidants, especially nasunin, which may help protect against cell damage. Additionally, eggplant is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties, promote overall heart health, and reduce the risk of certain diseases.
The small amount of vegetable oil used in this recipe helps soften the eggplant slices and enhance their flavor. While it’s important to consume oil in moderation, using vegetable oil can provide unsaturated fats, which when consumed as part of a balanced diet have been linked to a lower risk of heart disease.
Walnuts are a nutritious addition to grilled eggplant and hummus dishes, providing a crunchy texture and a boost of healthy fats. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for brain health and may have anti-inflammatory effects. Eating walnuts has also been linked to improved heart health and a reduced risk of certain cancers.
Houmous or hummus is a creamy dip made from chickpeas, tahini (sesame paste), lemon juice and garlic. It is a nutrient-dense food rich in plant protein, fiber and healthy fats. Chickpeas, the main ingredient in hummus, are a rich source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Including humus in your diet can contribute to improved digestion, a strengthened immune system, and reduced inflammation.
Parsley not only adds a touch of freshness to the dish, but also has numerous health benefits. This herb is rich in vitamin K, vitamin C, and antioxidants, which can support bone health, boost the immune system, and protect against cell damage. Additionally, parsley is traditionally used for its diuretic properties, which aid in fluid balance and detoxification.
Not only are cherry tomatoes a great addition to the eggplant and hummus grill, but they also offer a number of health benefits. They are packed with vitamins A and C, which support healthy skin and a strong immune system. Additionally, cherry tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that may help protect against certain cancers and promote heart health.
Lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil
The lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil drizzled over the grill grates add a spicy and aromatic touch. Both ingredients offer health benefits: lemon juice is a good source of vitamin C, and extra virgin olive oil provides heart-healthy monounsaturated fats that have been shown to reduce inflammation and promote cardiovascular health.
By combining these nutritious ingredients in the eggplant and hummus grills, you can enjoy a delicious meal that nourishes both your body and your mind. Whether you’re a fan of plant-based foods or just looking for a tasty and healthy alternative, this dish ticks all the boxes.