This delicious Indian-inspired dish is quicker than takeout. Packed with aromatic vegetables and aromatic spices, this easy vegetarian biryani is a delicious one-pot meal that you can make in no time. Perfect for a quick and filling weeknight dinner, it offers an explosion of flavor paired with the goodness of nutritious vegetables. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced cook, this easy recipe is sure to impress your taste buds and leave you wanting more. Try it and enjoy a delicious homemade biryani that is both convenient and delicious!
- 250g basmati rice
- 400g special mixed frozen vegetables
- a generous handful of raisins
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp korma curry paste
- a generous handful of roasted, salted cashews
- Bring the kettle to a boil
- Get out a large microwave-safe bowl
- Add rice, vegetables and raisins
- Pour 600ml/1 pint boiling water over the rice mixture
- Crumble in the bouillon cube
- Stir in curry paste
- Cover the bowl with cling film, leaving a small gap on the side for steam to escape
- Cook at full power (850 watts) for 12 minutes – if your microwave is less powerful, add 2 minutes
- Remove the rice from the microwave and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes to finish cooking – if you don’t let it stand, the rice will be too nutty
- Fluff the rice
- Sprinkle with cashew nuts
Equipment and tools
To make this easy vegetarian biryani, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A large pot or pot
- A frying pan or frying pan
- A wooden spoon or spatula
- A sharp knife
- cutting board
- A measuring cup
- A measuring spoon
This easy vegetarian biryani recipe may contain allergens. Please note the following:
- This recipe contains cashews, which may cause an allergic reaction in some people.
- Make sure the vegetable stock cube you use is free of allergens that you or your guests may be sensitive to.
- If you have known allergies or dietary restrictions, carefully review the ingredient list and consult the allergen information on the packaging of the products you use.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers of this easy vegetarian biryani, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Here are some tips:
- Allow the biryani to cool completely before transferring it to the container.
- If possible, store the rice and vegetable mixture separately to ensure optimal consistency.
- Refrigerate leftovers within two hours of cooking to ensure food safety.
To reheat leftovers, you can place them in the microwave or gently warm them on the stove. Add a splash of water or vegetable broth to prevent drying out. Enjoy within 2-3 days.
Health Benefits of Easy Veggie Biryani
Easy Veggie Biryani is a delicious and nutritious dish that offers numerous health benefits. Packed with healthy ingredients, this flavorful rice dish is not only easy to prepare, but also offers a great way to incorporate important nutrients into your diet.
The recipe calls for 250g of basmati rice, a long grain rice variety known for its fragrance and distinct aroma. Basmati rice is naturally gluten-free and low in fat, making it a healthy choice for anyone looking to eat a balanced diet. It is also a rich source of carbohydrates and provides the body with much-needed energy.
The easy veggie biryani recipe contains 400g of special mixed frozen vegetables that add a wide variety of nutrients to the dish. Vegetables are known for their high fiber content, which aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut. They’re also packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that support overall health and well-being.
A generous handful of raisins are used in this recipe, which add a touch of sweetness to the biryani. Raisins are rich in antioxidants that protect the body from oxidative stress and inflammation. They also contain fiber and natural sugars, making them a quick source of energy.
Vegetable stock cubes
Adding a vegetable bouillon cube to the recipe not only enhances the flavor but also provides additional nutrients. Vegetable bouillon cubes often contain vital minerals such as potassium, magnesium and calcium. These minerals play an important role in maintaining electrolyte balance, healthy bones and nerve function.
Korma curry paste
The biryani recipe calls for 2 tbsp of korma curry paste which not only adds a spicy taste but also provides health benefits. Many curry pastes contain ingredients like turmeric, ginger, and garlic, which have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. These ingredients can support heart health and strengthen the body’s natural defense mechanisms.
Roasted, salted cashew nuts
The finishing touch to this vegetarian biryani recipe is a generous handful of roasted, salted cashews. Cashews are a good source of healthy fats, including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which can help lower bad cholesterol levels. They are also rich in essential minerals such as magnesium and zinc, which are known for their role in supporting immune function and increasing overall well-being.
Overall, this easy vegetarian biryani recipe offers a delicious and nutritious way to incorporate a variety of essential nutrients into your diet. By combining basmati rice, mixed vegetables, raisins, vegetable stock cubes, korma curry paste and cashews, you can create a tasty dish that supports a healthy lifestyle.