Treat yourself to the irresistible pleasure of our decadent Double Choc Shortbreads, perfect for those with a sweet tooth. These delicious treats are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser at your next bake sale. Every bite is a harmonious symphony of rich chocolate flavors that tantalizes your taste buds. Best of all, you won’t believe how affordable they are, as they only cost around 15p each to make. Share the joy of these heavenly shortbreads and make them the star of your baking repertoire.
- 200 g butter, diced
- 325g flour, plus some flour for rolling
- 100g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g dark or milk chocolate chips
- 200g bar of white chocolate, melted
- red glaze tube with lettering
- Rub the butter into the flour to form crumbs.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, egg yolks and chocolate chips.
- Bring the mixture together to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut out 6cm round cookies.
- Roll up the scraps again and repeat the embossing process.
- Arrange the cookies on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Chill the cookies for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool.
- Spread each cookie with white chocolate.
- Allow the cookies to set.
- Decorate the cookies or write the buyer’s name with red icing.
- Enjoy the double choc shortbreads!
Equipment and tools
Here are the equipment and tools you need to make Double Choc Shortbreads:
- mixing bowl
- Electric mixer or wooden spoon
- rolling pin
- baking tray
- cookie cutters
Please note the following allergen information for Double Choc Shortbreads:
- Contains dairy products (butter, white chocolate)
- Contains eggs (yolks)
- May contain gluten (regular flour)
Storage and leftovers
Here are some tips for storing and enjoying leftover Double Choc Shortbreads:
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- If desired, you can freeze the shortbreads for up to 3 months.
- If necessary, reheat in the microwave or toaster before serving.
Note: The red icing tube is optional and can be used for decoration.
The Health Benefits of Double Choc Shortbreads
Who said indulging in sweet treats can’t be good for you? These delicious Double Choc Shortbreads not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but also offer several health benefits that might surprise you. Packed with nutritious ingredients, this delicious treat can be enjoyed guilt-free.
The recipe calls for 200 g of butter, which not only gives the shortcrust pastry more body, but also provides important nutrients. Butter is a good source of vitamins A, D, E and K2, which are necessary for various body functions including supporting a healthy immune system and promoting bone health. However, due to its high saturated fat content, it is important to consume butter in moderation.
2. Plain flour
With 325g of pure flour, these shortbreads are a good source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy and provide fuel for daily activities. In addition, pure flour contains trace elements such as iron and B vitamins, which support healthy blood circulation and metabolism.
3. Powdered sugar
Although this recipe uses powdered sugar as a sweetener, it’s important to enjoy these shortbreads in moderation. However, drinking a small amount can provide a quick energy boost. However, keep in mind that excessive sugar consumption can lead to weight gain and other health problems. Therefore, it is always best to enjoy sweet treats in moderation.
4. Vanilla extract
The addition of 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract not only enhances the flavor of these Double Choc Shortbreads, but also offers potential health benefits. Vanilla extract contains antioxidants that protect the body from harmful free radicals. It may also have anti-inflammatory properties, promoting overall well-being.
5. Egg yolk
Using 2 egg yolks in this recipe adds richness and moisture to the shortbread. Egg yolks are a good source of important vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, vitamin D and selenium. They also contain healthy fats and proteins that contribute to satiety and help regulate blood sugar levels.
6. Dark or milk chocolate chips
If you choose dark chocolate chips, you will reap numerous health benefits. Dark chocolate contains flavonoids, antioxidants that support heart health and can lower blood pressure. Milk chocolate chips can be a good source of calcium and provide a small amount of protein, but they typically contain more sugar and less cocoa than dark chocolate. Regardless of your choice, enjoying chocolate in moderation can be part of a balanced diet.
7. White chocolate
The recipe calls for melting a 200g bar of white chocolate, which gives the Double Choc Shortbreads a delicious touch. Although white chocolate contains fewer antioxidants than its dark counterpart, it is still a source of calcium and can satisfy your sweet cravings. However, similar to other sweets, moderation is key.
8. Red glaze
The red lettering icing tube mentioned in the ingredients does not provide any particular health benefits; Rather, it gives the shortbreads a decorative touch. Remember that moderation is essential when decorating treats.
In summary, this Double Choc Shortbreads recipe offers a delicious treat that contains various ingredients with potential health benefits. Remember to enjoy these treats in moderation as part of a balanced diet. It’s time to bake these irresistibly delicious shortbreads and treat yourself to a delicious treat!