Everyone loves Danish pastries, especially when they’re chocolaty and big enough to share. Our Double Chocolate Easter Danish takes this classic treat to a whole new level! This delicious pastry is made from a rich and velvety chocolate dough and is generously filled with a delicious combination of dark and white chocolate. Topped with a drizzle of chocolate frosting and colorful Easter sprinkles, it’s the perfect treat to celebrate the holidays. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, brunch, or dessert, this delicious treat is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Hurry and grab your piece before it’s all gone!
- 175 ml warm milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 450g strong white flour
- 1 packet of fast-acting dry yeast
- 50g golden powdered sugar
- 250g cold butter, cut into slices
- 200 g roasted almond flakes
- 50g powdered sugar
- 25g cocoa powder
- 50 g butter, soft
- 1 egg white
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp milk
- golden powdered sugar for sprinkling
- 50g powdered sugar
- Make the dough a day in advance if you have time.
- Whisk milk and egg together in a jug.
- Place the flour, yeast, sugar and butter in a food processor with a pinch of salt.
- Pulse until the mixture begins to come together but is still speckled with bits of butter.
- Pour into a bowl and use your hands to incorporate the contents of the jug.
- Place the dough on a floured surface, knead it lightly, then roll it out into a rectangle and fold the two short sides over so that the edges meet in the middle, then fold it in the middle again.
- Roll out and fold twice more, flouring the surface.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and then let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- For the filling, place 150 g of almonds with powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a food processor and puree until everything is well mixed.
- Add the butter and egg whites, work into a paste, then fold in the chocolate and set aside.
- Divide the dough into two parts and press one half into the bottom of a non-stick springform pan (23 cm).
- Spread the filling in the middle of the dough, leaving an edge free, and place the remaining dough on top.
- Cover with cling film and let rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the milk and brush over the top to glaze.
- Sprinkle with the remaining almonds and a little powdered sugar and bake for 40-50 minutes until the dough is golden brown and risen.
- Let cool for an hour.
- Mix the powdered sugar with a few drops of cold water to form a liquid glaze and drizzle over the cake.
- Serve in wedges with coffee or with ice cream for dessert.
Double Chocolate Easter Danish
Double Chocolate Easter Danish
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- rolling pin
- Pastry brush
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Nuts (almond flakes)
- Dairy products (butter)
Storage and leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. The Danes can also be frozen for up to a month. To reheat, simply place in the preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for 5-10 minutes, until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Double Chocolate Easter Danish
The Double Chocolate Easter Danish is not only a delicious treat but also offers several health benefits. From providing essential nutrients to potentially improving mood, let’s explore the benefits of this delicious treat:
1. Energy source
The Double Chocolate Easter Danish contains 175ml of warm milk, which provides a good amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats necessary for energy production in the body. These nutrients can help fuel your daily activities.
2. High in protein
With 1 egg and 450g of strong white flour, this cookie contributes to your protein intake. Protein is essential for several body functions, including building and repairing tissue, making enzymes, and supporting a healthy immune system.
3. Heart-healthy fats
Although the recipe contains 250g of cold butter, it is important to note that moderate consumption of healthy fats is beneficial for heart health. Danish products also include flaked almonds, which are a great source of monounsaturated fats, fiber and antioxidants that can help lower bad cholesterol levels.
4. Nutrient rich
The Double Chocolate Easter Danish contains cocoa powder and dark chocolate, which not only provide a rich taste but also provide several important minerals and antioxidants. Dark chocolate is particularly known for its potential to improve blood circulation, lower blood pressure, and improve cognitive function.
5. Mood enhancer
Did you know that chocolate can lift your mood? The presence of chocolate in this cookie can increase the production of endorphins in the brain, which can promote feelings of pleasure and happiness.
6. Improved bone health
Milk is a key ingredient in this recipe and contributes to its texture and flavor. Milk is an excellent source of calcium, which is crucial for maintaining strong and healthy bones. It also provides vitamin D, which helps the body absorb calcium effectively.
7. Rich source of B vitamins
The Double Chocolate Easter Danish contains several ingredients rich in B vitamins, such as egg, milk and almonds. B vitamins play an important role in energy production, brain function and supporting a healthy nervous system.
Enjoy the tempting Double Chocolate Easter Danish guilt-free, knowing that it offers more than just its delicious taste. Eating in moderation can bring joy to both your taste buds and your overall well-being.