Our recipe puts a delicious twist on the classic Dhal dish and features perfectly poached eggs for a healthy and nutritious meal. Packed with essential nutrients and full of flavors, this flavorful combination is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Accompanied by a refreshing herbal raita, this culinary masterpiece guarantees a healthy and vibrant feast. With the rich ingredients of the Dhal and the herbal blend of the Raita, this dish easily contributes to your daily intake of four of your 5 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. Treat yourself to this delicious preparation and experience an incomparable taste experience!
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 onions (320 g), halved and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons each of cumin and ground turmeric
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 175g red lentils
- 400g canned chickpeas
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder mixed with 700 ml boiling water
- 320g baby spinach
- 8 large eggs
- 150g natural organic yogurt
- 1 clove of garlic
- thin slice of peeled ginger
- 20g coriander leaves, plus a few extra leaves for serving (optional)
- 10g mint leaves
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the onions until they begin to color, 5 minutes.
- Stir in spices, garlic and chilli and simmer for a few more seconds until aromatic.
- Add the lentils, chickpeas and stock and then cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Stir in the spinach until wilted.
- Remove half of the dhal from the pan and let it cool. Can be kept refrigerated for up to three days.
- Crack 4 eggs spaced apart into the lentils remaining in the pan, cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, put all the ingredients for the raita in a bowl and puree them with a hand blender.
- Serve the eggs and dhal with half of the raita and sprinkle a few extra coriander leaves if desired.
- The remaining raita will keep refrigerated for up to three days.
- Reheat the remaining dhal in a pan over medium heat until bubbly.
- If it looks dry, add a drop of water, then cook the eggs in the hot dhal as per step 3 and serve with the remaining raita.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the Poached Dhal Eggs with Herby Raita, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Medium sized pot
- frying pan
- measuring spoon
- tin opener
- Blender or food processor
Poached Dhal Eggs with Herb Raita Recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (natural organic yogurt)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Herby Raita Poached Dhal Eggs, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They last up to 2 days. When reheating, make sure to heat them thoroughly before eating.
Health Benefits of Poached Dhal Eggs with Herby Raita
Poached Dhal Eggs with Herb Raita is a tasty and nutritious dish that combines the goodness of lentils, eggs and a refreshing yogurt-based sauce. This article highlights the various health benefits offered by the ingredients used in this recipe.
Lentils are the main ingredient of this dish and are rich in fiber, protein and essential minerals. They are low in calories and high in nutrients, making them an excellent choice for a healthy diet.
Red lentils, specifically used in this recipe, are a great source of plant-based protein, making them a suitable option for vegetarians and vegans. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue and plays a crucial role in various body functions.
Lentils are also a good source of iron, which is necessary for transporting oxygen in the body and preventing anemia. Additionally, they contain potassium, magnesium and folic acid, which support heart health and help maintain healthy blood pressure.
Including chickpeas in this recipe adds further nutritional value to the dish. Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein and fiber, promoting satiety and helping with weight control.
These legumes are also rich in vitamins and minerals, including folic acid, iron and phosphorus. Folate is essential for pregnant women because it supports fetal development and helps prevent certain birth defects.
The poached eggs in this dish not only add a delicious touch to this dish but also add to its health benefits. Eggs are a great source of high-quality protein and provide all the essential amino acids our bodies need.
Eggs are also rich in various vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin B12 and selenium. Vitamin D is crucial for maintaining strong bones and teeth, while vitamin B12 supports brain function and helps produce red blood cells.
The herbal raita that accompanies this dish is made with natural, organic yogurt, which offers its own set of health benefits. Yogurt is rich in probiotics, which promote a healthy gut by supporting the growth of beneficial bacteria.
Probiotics can improve digestion, boost the immune system, and improve overall gut health. Yogurt is also a good source of calcium and promotes strong bones and teeth.
herbs and spices
The recipe also contains various herbs and spices such as garlic, ginger, coriander and mint. These ingredients not only add flavor but also provide various health benefits.
Garlic and ginger are known for their anti-inflammatory properties and can strengthen the immune system. Coriander and mint provide essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that support overall health and well-being.
Incorporating these herbs and spices into your diet can boost the nutritional value of your meals and contribute to a holistic approach to healthy eating.
Overall, Poached Dhal Eggs with Herb Raita is a healthy and nutritious dish that combines a range of ingredients with numerous health benefits. By enjoying this tasty meal, you can provide your body with important nutrients and pamper your taste buds at the same time.