This spicy vegan dinner is great tasting. Easy to make, it consists of chunky tandoori-spiced tofu on a cool mint, yogurt, and red cabbage relish.
These delicious curry tofu wraps are a nutritious and flavorful option for a quick and filling meal. The tandoori-spiced tofu provides a spicy kick that’s perfectly balanced by the refreshing mint, yogurt, and red cabbage relish. Whether you’re vegan or simply want to incorporate more plant-based meals into your diet, this recipe is a must-try. They’ll be ready in no time and you’ll love every flavorful bite of these delicious wraps!
- ½ red cabbage (approx. 500g), grated
- 4 heaped tablespoons of dairy-free yogurt (we used Alpro Plain with coconut)
- 3 tbsp mint sauce
- 3 x 200g packs of tofu, each cut into 15 cubes
- 2 tbsp tandoori curry paste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 8 chapatis
- 2 limes, cut into quarters
- Mix the cabbage, yogurt and mint sauce, season and set aside.
- Mix the tofu with the tandoori paste and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Heat a frying pan and fry the tofu in batches for a few minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove the tofu from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir in the onions and garlic.
- Cook onions and garlic until softened, 8-10 minutes.
- Add the tofu back to the pan and season well.
- Reheat the chapatis according to the package instructions.
- Top each chapati with some cabbage.
- Followed by curry tofu.
- Finish with a good squeeze of lime.
Equipment and tools:
- measuring spoon
- frying pan
- Grill or oven
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (yogurt)
Please ensure that those with milk allergies are aware and can choose an appropriate replacement.
Storage and leftovers:
If you have any leftover curry tofu wraps, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When reheating, we recommend using a microwave or oven to warm up before serving.
Health Benefits of Curry Tofu Wraps
Tofu is gaining popularity as a nutritious plant-based protein source and curried tofu wraps offer a delicious and healthy way to incorporate this versatile ingredient into your diet. Packed with aromatic spices and colorful ingredients, these wraps will not only tantalize your taste buds but also offer numerous health benefits.
1. Rich in Protein:
Tofu, the main ingredient in these wraps, is a great source of protein, making it an excellent choice for vegans and vegetarians. With three packages of tofu in this recipe, you get a significant amount of protein that supports muscle growth, repairs tissues, and regulates hormone production.
2. Rich in Fiber:
Including about half a red cabbage in these wraps adds a significant amount of fiber to your meal. Fiber is essential for maintaining a healthy digestive system, promoting regular bowel movements and preventing constipation. It can also aid in weight management by helping you feel fuller for longer.
3. Promotes Heart Health:
Curry paste used to marinate the tofu contains beneficial spices such as turmeric, which is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, has shown that it can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by improving blood circulation and lowering cholesterol levels.
4. Supports Immune Function:
This recipe contains onions and garlic, both of which have natural immune-boosting properties. Onions are rich in antioxidants that help fight off free radicals and boost the immune system. Garlic, on the other hand, has antimicrobial properties that can potentially help ward off infections.
5. Nutrient-rich alternative to traditional wraps:
Instead of tortillas made from refined flour, this recipe recommends using chapatis, traditional Indian flatbreads made from whole wheat flour. When you choose chapatis, you benefit from higher fiber content and additional vitamins and minerals compared to their processed counterparts.
6. Vitamin C Boost:
The addition of lime wedges not only adds a tangy flavor, but also provides a healthy dose of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an essential nutrient that supports a healthy immune system, promotes collagen synthesis for healthy skin, and acts as an antioxidant to protect cells from damage.
When you enjoy these curry tofu wraps, you’ll not only enjoy a tasty meal, but you’ll also provide your body with a range of health-promoting nutrients. So just try this recipe and see the benefits for yourself.