Cool down this summer with a light, refreshing cocktail made from fresh, seasonal ingredients. Our cucumber and elderflower spritzer is the epitome of summer bliss. Crisp cucumber slices dance in harmony with the delicate sweetness of elderflower, creating a tantalizing flavor combination that will awaken your taste buds.
This delicious concoction is perfect for hot summer afternoons and provides a much-needed respite from the scorching sun. Sip this invigorating spritzer and let the coolness wash over you, transporting you into a state of pure relaxation. With every sip you will experience the essence of summer in a single glass.
Whether you’re hosting a barbecue in the garden or just lounging by the pool, our cucumber and elderflower spritzer is the ideal companion. Light and bubbly, it pairs perfectly with all summer dishes, from refreshing salads to grilled delicacies. So sit back, relax and let this tempting cocktail take you on a tasteful journey through the season.
- 1 cucumber, ends trimmed
- ½ bottle of white wine
- 200 ml elderflower syrup
- a few sprigs of mint, leaves picked off
- 2 x 1l bottles of soda water, chilled
- Cut the cucumber into a few pieces
- Place the cucumber pieces in a blender or food processor
- Add the wine and elderflower syrup to the blender or food processor
- Blend the ingredients in a blender or food processor until well combined
- Pour the mixture through a sieve set over a large bowl or pitcher
- Return the contents of the strainer to the blender or food processor
- Stir the mixture again until it becomes mushy
- Strain the mixture again into the liquid already collected in the bowl or jug
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the cucumber pulp from the sieve into the liquid
- Discard the rest of the pulp
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator until ready to serve
- To serve, fill glasses with a few ice cubes and a few mint leaves
- Pour enough cucumber base into the jars to fill them halfway
- Fill the glasses with soda water
Equipment and tools
To make the cucumber elderflower syringe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Pitcher or pitcher
- spoon or stirrer
- Wine glasses or highball glasses
Before preparing the Cucumber Elderflower Syringe, consider the following allergen information:
- This recipe contains alcohol in the form of white wine. If you or your guests are sensitive to or allergic to alcohol, please omit this ingredient or choose an appropriate non-alcoholic substitute.
- Elderflower syrup sometimes contains traces of sulfites, which can cause allergic reactions in some people. Check the label and choose a brand that is safe for your specific nutritional needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover cucumber elderflower syringe, follow these storage tips:
- Transfer the remaining spritzer to an airtight container or bottle.
- Store the spritzer in the refrigerator to keep it cool and preserve its flavors.
- Consume leftovers within 1-2 days for best flavor and quality.
Health benefits of cucumber and elderflower spritzer
The cucumber and elderflower spritzer is not only a refreshingly delicious drink, but also offers several health benefits. Let’s delve deeper into the nutritional benefits of the main ingredients used in this recipe:
Cucumbers are rich in essential nutrients and can contribute to your overall well-being. Here are some health benefits of cucumbers:
- Hydration: With their high water content (over 95%), cucumbers are an excellent hydrating ingredient that promotes healthy cell function and aids digestion.
- Weight Management: Cucumbers are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great addition to a balanced diet for anyone looking to manage their weight.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Cucumbers provide important vitamins, including vitamins C and K, as well as minerals such as potassium and magnesium.
- Antioxidants: Cucumbers contain antioxidants that protect your body from harmful free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
2. Elderflower syrup
Elderflower syrup, made from the flowers of the elderberry plant, not only gives the spritzer a wonderfully floral taste, but also has some health benefits:
- Immune system boost: Elderflowers are rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, which can boost your immune system and protect against infections.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: The presence of bioactive compounds in elderflower may have anti-inflammatory effects, potentially reducing inflammation in the body.
- Respiratory health: Traditionally, elderflowers have been used in herbal medicine to relieve colds, flu, and respiratory problems.
- Digestive Aid: Elderflowers are used to relieve digestive discomfort and promote healthy digestion.
3. Mint leaves
Adding mint leaves to the spritzer not only enhances the aroma, but also brings a number of health benefits:
- Improved Digestion: Mint has a calming effect on the stomach, aiding digestion and relieving indigestion or bloating.
- Nausea Relief: Mint leaves are traditionally used to relieve nausea and motion sickness.
- Mental Clarity: The scent of mint is believed to have a refreshing effect on the mind, helping to improve concentration and cognitive function.
- Antimicrobial Properties: Mint contains antimicrobial compounds that can help fight bacteria and fungi.
By combining these nutrient-rich ingredients and soda water, the Cucumber & Elderflower spritzer not only pampers your taste buds, but also offers a range of health benefits. So enjoy this refreshing and beneficial drink without feeling guilty!