Weeping Tiger Steaks is a sizzling dish that lives up to its fiery name! The main ingredient is juicy beef fillet, generously seasoned with aromatic coriander and tempting green Thai chili. The result is a flavor explosion that will make your taste buds light up! To balance the heat, this delicious steak is paired with a refreshing salad of crunchy cucumber and crunchy cabbage. The contrasting elements create a harmonious and satisfying dining experience that leaves you wanting more. Prepare for a culinary adventure with these fiery but incredibly delicious Weeping Tiger Steaks!
- 4 x 200g sirloin steaks
- Juice 2 limes
- 1 tsp golden powdered sugar
- a pinch of ground coriander
- Splash of soy sauce
- Juice 2 limes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1-2 green Thai chilies, finely chopped
- small bunch of coriander stems, chopped very finely (use the leaves below)
- ½ cucumber, halved lengthwise, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- large handful of mint leaves
- large handful of basil leaves
- large handful of coriander leaves
- 1 shallot, cut into thin rings
- ½ small white cabbage, chopped very finely
- large bunch of fine green beans, very finely chopped
- Mix all the marinade ingredients until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the marinade over the steaks.
- Do not let the steaks marinate for longer than 2 hours.
- Light the charcoal and wait until it becomes ashy.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Mix the salad ingredients with half of the dressing and set aside.
- When the coals are ashen, sear the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side (medium-rare).
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steaks into thin slices.
- Fan the steak slices along the sides of the plates.
- Place a pile of lettuce on the other side of each plate.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over everything.
Equipment and tools
To make this Weeping Tiger Steaks recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Grill or grill
- Sharp knife
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoon
This Weeping Tiger Steaks recipe may contain allergens. Please refer to the ingredient list and exercise caution if you are allergic to any of the following:
- soy sauce
- Fish sauce
- Thai chilies
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from your Weeping Tiger Steaks, you can store them to enjoy later. Here are some storage tips:
- Allow steaks to cool to room temperature before storing.
- Place them in an airtight container or wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, gently warm the steaks in a skillet over medium-high heat or use a microwave.
The Health Benefits of Weeping Tiger Steaks
Crying tiger steaks are a flavorful and delicious dish that not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits. With a combination of lean sirloin steaks and various herbs and spices, this dish is a real showstopper in terms of taste and nutritional value. Let’s explore the health benefits of the main ingredients used in weeing tiger steaks.
Sirloin steaks are a great source of high-quality protein, which is essential for building and repairing body tissue. They are also rich in vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc and vitamin B12. These nutrients support healthy blood circulation, promote proper immune function, and help maintain healthy nerve function.
Limes, the key citrus ingredient in the marinade and dressing, are an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is known for its immune-boosting properties and its role in collagen synthesis, which supports healthy skin and connective tissue. In addition, limes provide antioxidants that protect the body from harmful free radicals.
Coriander, both the stems and the leaves, give the dish a fresh and distinctive taste. This herb is rich in antioxidants, fiber and minerals such as calcium, potassium and magnesium. Cilantro also contains unique compounds that have been linked to various health benefits, including improved digestion, lowering blood sugar levels, and potential anti-inflammatory properties.
Fish sauce is a common ingredient in Thai cuisine and adds a savory, umami flavor to the dish. It is a source of essential amino acids and minerals such as iodine and selenium. Consuming fish sauce in moderation can contribute to a balanced diet and provide nutrients necessary for good growth, development and metabolism.
The green Thai chilies used in this recipe add a spicy touch to the dish but also offer health benefits. Chilies contain capsaicin, a compound known for its potential anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects. They are also a good source of vitamin C and other antioxidants, which support immune function and may have positive effects on cardiovascular health.
Including various vegetables in Weeping Tiger steaks provides an array of nutrients and fiber. Cucumber, cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves, shallots, cabbage and fine green beans all contribute to the overall nutritional value of the dish. This vegetable is full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that contribute to health, digestion and overall well-being.
Overall, crying tiger steaks offer a flavorful and nutritious dining experience. From the lean protein in the sirloin steaks to the various herbs, spices, and vegetables, this dish offers a number of health benefits. So the next time you cook Weeping Tiger Steaks, you’ll not only enjoy a delicious meal, but also provide your body with essential nutrients.