These crushed peach and almond tarts are a melt-in-your-mouth summer treat and the perfect dessert for a warm day. The combination of sweet, juicy peaches and crunchy almonds creates a delicious texture and flavor that will leave you wanting more. The buttery pie crust forms the perfect base for the delicious peach filling, lightly sweetened with a hint of vanilla. Whether served plain or with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, these tarts will impress your taste buds and leave you feeling refreshed and satisfied.
- 100g ground almonds
- 100 g butter, soft
- 1 egg
- 50g sugar
- 250g (half a 500g block) puff pastry
- 3 peaches, halved, pitted and finely chopped
Serve with red wine
One of the nicest ways to eat peaches is to cut them into thin slices and add them to a wine glass with a pinch of sugar. Pour red wine over everything until everything is covered. Let macerate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the almonds, butter, egg and half the sugar until combined.
- Roll out the dough to the thickness of a 20p piece.
- Using a saucer about 13 cm in diameter, cut out four circles from the rolled out dough.
- Lift the dough circles onto a baking sheet.
- Spread each circle thinly with 1 tablespoon of the almond mixture, leaving an edge free.
- Arrange the peach slices in a rosette shape on the almond mixture.
- Chill the tarts for at least 10 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Bake the tarts on the top shelf of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Take the tarts out of the oven.
- Sprinkle generously with sugar.
- Cover the tarts with baking paper.
- Place another baking tray of the same size on top of the tarts.
- Turn the trays over so that the tarts are upside down.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes until the dough is crispy and the peach is sticky and caramelized.
- If you don’t have two baking sheets, the tarts can be baked peach side up throughout the baking time.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- parchment paper
- Sharp knife
- cutting board
This recipe contains almonds and eggs. Please consider any allergies or dietary restrictions before consumption.
Storage and leftovers
These crushed peach and almond tarts can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place in preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 5-10 minutes or until warmed through. Enjoy leftovers within the recommended storage time.
Health Benefits of Crushed Peach and Almond Tarts
The combination of crushed peach and almond tarts not only tantalizes the taste buds but also offers several health benefits. From nutritious almonds to juicy peaches, this delicious dessert is packed with nutrients your body will love. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits of the main ingredients used in this recipe.
1. Ground almonds
Ground almonds serve as the basis for these cakes and have a variety of health benefits. Rich in healthy fats, proteins, fiber and essential nutrients such as vitamin E, magnesium and calcium, ground almonds are a nutritious addition to your diet. They support heart health, help control blood sugar levels and can even help with weight control.
Although butter should be consumed in moderation, it offers several benefits when consumed as part of a balanced diet. Butter gives cakes a creamy consistency and contains important fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamins A, E and K. It also provides small amounts of minerals such as calcium and phosphorus.
Eggs are an incredible source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals. By including an egg in this recipe, you are adding important nutrients such as vitamin B12, vitamin D, choline and selenium to your diet. Eggs are also linked to improved brain health and eye health, as well as a lower risk of heart disease.
Although sugar should be consumed in moderation, it contributes to the texture and overall flavor of the tarts. However, it is important to remember that excessive sugar consumption can have negative health effects. These tarts are best enjoyed as an occasional treat rather than a daily treat.
5. Puff pastry
Using puff pastry gives the tarts a flaky and crispy consistency. However, puff pastry is high in calories and saturated fat. It is recommended to consume it in moderation or find healthier alternatives such as whole wheat pastries if you are looking for a lighter option.
Peaches are the main ingredient in these tarts and provide a special taste and numerous health benefits. They are a great source of vitamins A and C, potassium and fiber. Peaches also contain beneficial antioxidants that protect the body from damage caused by harmful free radicals.
Combining the beneficial properties of ground almonds, eggs and peaches, these crushed peach and almond tarts are a treat that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced and varied diet. Remember to take them in moderation and enjoy every bite!
Tip: You can enhance the overall experience by serving these tarts with a glass of your favorite red wine so that the flavors complement each other.