This delicious Crispy Thyme Chicken with Mushroom Sauce recipe is both flavorful and filling. With just five simple ingredients, this healthy dish is perfect for anyone looking for a delicious chicken meal without the hassle. The juicy chicken is wonderfully seasoned with thyme, creating an irresistible crispy coating. Paired with a rich and creamy mushroom sauce, this dish will impress even the pickiest of eaters. Whether you’re an experienced cook or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is quick and easy to follow and is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- 4 boneless, skin-on chicken breast fillets
- 10 sprigs of lemon thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 400g chestnut mushrooms
- 142 ml carton of double cream
- Set the oven to a moderate heat.
- Rub the chicken with a little oil and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the leaves from six thyme sprigs and sprinkle them evenly over the chicken.
- Dust lightly with flour (this will make the chicken crispy).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan, add the chicken, skin side down, and fry without moving for 5 minutes.
- Then cook for another 10-15 minutes, turning regularly, until the chicken is tender and the skin is crispy and browned.
- Place on a plate and keep warm in the oven.
- Drain almost all of the oil from the pan.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook over high heat, tossing the mushrooms until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the cream and remaining thyme sprigs and season.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through, then serve with the chicken.
- New potatoes and a simple green salad of Little Gems and rocket leaves, lightly dressed with lemon juice and olive oil, are the perfect accompaniment.
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- baking pan
- frying pan
This Crispy Thyme Chicken with Mushroom Sauce recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products: The recipe contains double cream.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to save this dish, here are some tips:
- Allow the chicken to cool completely before storing.
- Transfer leftovers to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place the chicken in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Crispy Thyme Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
The Crispy Thyme Chicken with Mushroom Sauce recipe not only makes for a flavorful and filling meal, but also offers several health benefits. In this article section we will examine the main ingredients and their possible positive effects on our well-being.
1. Chicken breast
The boneless chicken breasts used in this recipe are an excellent source of lean protein. Protein is essential for the growth and maintenance of our body tissues and supports muscle building and repair. It also promotes satiety, making this dish a great option for weight control.
2. Lemon thyme
With its aromatic flavor, lemon thyme not only enhances the taste of the dish but also offers potential health benefits. Thyme contains essential oils with antimicrobial properties that may support our immune system and fight off bacteria or viruses. It is also rich in antioxidants, which help protect our cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals.
Although used in small quantities, the minced garlic in this recipe adds delicious flavor and offers potential health benefits. Garlic has long been known for its medicinal properties, including boosting the immune system, lowering blood pressure, and improving heart health. It also contains antioxidants that can help prevent chronic diseases.
4. Chestnut mushrooms
Mushrooms are not only a delicious but also nutritious addition to this dish. Chestnut mushrooms in particular are a good source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. They contain B vitamins, which help convert food into energy, as well as essential minerals like potassium and selenium. Additionally, mushrooms are naturally low in calories and fat, making them a healthy choice for those watching their calorie intake.
5. Double cream
The small amount of double cream used in the mushroom sauce adds a rich touch to the dish. While cream should be consumed in moderation due to its high fat content, it can serve as a source of energy and contribute to satiety. The cream also contains vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin D.
Overall, this Crispy Thyme Chicken with Mushroom Sauce recipe offers a well-rounded meal that combines delicious flavors with potential health benefits. From the lean protein in chicken breast to the immune-boosting properties of lemon thyme and garlic to the nutritional value of chestnut mushrooms, this dish can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.